Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wayne Outdoors?

wayneoutdoors.com

Going out to Waco for a afternoon/evening of hog hunting on Monday.

My buddy is having his brother in town and invited me to go with them, just curious if yall have ever been out this way and thoughts?

No but very curious to see how you do

Comment

thanks, depending on how it turns out i may go back come dove season, depending on when my son is born

Comment

Just posting a followup after Mondays night hunt,
        First off, Wayne is a super guy, young and energetic and was working his tail off getting us in a good stalk.
        Second, the property was well laid out with pleanty of water holes and a few game trails.

The week before he told us a big mountain lion was nearby because it had got into the barn an killed 3 paint horses. When we arrived we stalked and setup before sun down. After getting into a good natural blind near a wood pile, I started some prey in distress calls with my Primos. NOTHING.

so we stalked to a nearby spot with some good cover and clear shooting path and waited. After about 30 minutes I started up with the calls again and only got a response from an owl. No coyotes, nothing.

I was getting ready to move, so before changing position I hit the call very loud. The response was 75 yards away and was the low, slow, long growl of the big cat....I was excited but we kept our cool and waited, called several more times but nothing came out.

After over an hour, we left that spot and went to some of the trails that had been corned.

Nothing

We even drove down some long stretches of field with the spotlight - nothing was moving - no bunnies, no squirrels, no 'dillos, nothing, not even howls in the distance for coyotes

Long story short..er...
        The cat had the place on lock down but it was a fun time... we were out there from about 8pm to 1 am... got to try out some new gear (primos calls which i needed some practice with, camelbak day pak and a new pair of binos) and get some exercise

Comment

has anyone else had any experience with Wayne outdoors? I am looking at going to the Mart, TX location for hot in early Spring.

Comment

Yes and my experience was horrible. First off he guaranteed shot opportunities. That never happened and he also said that he had been seeing pigs everyday. So I was like sweet should be fairly easy. Get out there and the bugs are horrible. No big deal there but we never saw a animal at all. He then tells me that he actually hadn't seen pigs out there for about 2 weeks and that they are on some other private property. I complained about it and he said he would take me out again to fix the issue. Never heard back from the dude. Bunch of other people have had the same issues with him on another hunting forum.

Comment

Working...
            X