Bugscuffle Ranch trip #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugscuffle Ranch trip #2

I just returned from my 2nd visit at the Bugscuffle Ranch. It was just as nice as I remembered. I made the trip and met up with my uncles and grandpa in Hondo, TX. We raided the Wal-Mart and continued on to Vanderpool. As we pulled into the gates of the cabin we were met by Brian (T-Post) who gave us the run down on the past weather conditions, Animal movements, and Feeder set-ups. We all visited as we unloaded atv's and belongings. I decided I wasnt going for just pigs this year and that I wanted a big ram for the wall. Around 2:30 Saturday afternoon I headed into the ranch. I saw a large group 10-15 goats all feeding under a large oak tree. I was approximately 100 yards away and made the decision to try to sneak up on them. I used some tall grass and bushes to sheild my movement as I took a step every 10 or 15 seconds. As I got within 50 yards a small herd of black buck took off running a few of the goats off. I stood motionless as a small goat walked a few feet away from me. I was more nervous than ever. I could hear my heart beating and I my breathing was all jacked up. I had to tell myself to calm down and stay still. I side stepped my way to the edge of the bushes where I watched the biggest Catalina Ram push a few other rams around. I already had an arrow nocked. I drew back and got a good sight picture. I closed my eyes took a deep breath. When I opened my eyes all I could see was sight pins and vitals. My arrow made the 27 yard flight in no time. I watched bright red blood start flowing from the ram as he staggered 5-6 yards before falling. I slowly backed out trying to remain undetected from the other animals. What felt like hours only ended up being 25 minutes from the time i started my walk to the time a big ram was down.

Later that afternoon we went to our decided feeders and waited for some pigs. My cousin nailed a 250 lbs boar. The blood trail was thick and so was the stuff we tracked it through. We recovered it approximately 75-100 yards. The drag back was a booger.

The rest of the weekend seemed to fly by as we all visited and just had a darn good time with family. After all isnt that was hunting is about. The good times. I am glad my family could be a part of that as well. My Uncle Johnny is the man responsible for my bow addiction and I have to say Thank You to him.

Brian I am already looking forward to the next trip. You run a fine ranch sir.

Once again thank you Brian and the Bugscuffle Ranch for having us out there.

I would recommend this place to anyone.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jgirsh; 05-11-2011, 02:07 AM.

Congrats! I got a hunt booke this July, did you see many axis running around?

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Congrats! Brian runs a pretty good operation!

Comment

Great hunt. That's a memory you'll have forever.

Comment

Good times with good family.

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Great ranch, congrats

Comment

If it's brown....er.......BLACK, it's down!

Comment

Good shootin! solid catalina and a big boar!

I've heard nothing but the finest about BSR

Comment

Congrats on the animals, that catalina is a bruiser.

Comment

sounds like you definately had a good time, congrats.

Comment

congrats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

great lookin goat!

Comment

Working...
                              X