ABC Ranch - San Saba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABC Ranch - San Saba

I hunted this ranch back in June, with all the rain this year the grass was tall and thick, which in return supplied alot of vegetation for the hogs, therefore the hogs weren't hitting the feeders to hard.

Well, I was waaaaayyyyy wrong, I guess I wasn't covering my scent good enough. A friend sent me this pictures.

Guess I'm due another trip out there to try again at some hogs, wouldn't mind taking out a deer either, they have some big deer on their website.

thats a decent little boar in the first picture!!! Where is the story from the last time you went?

Comment

Whats that rope or wire hooked on the feeder for?

Comment

Originally posted by Deer716 View Post
        Whats that rope or wire hooked on the feeder for?
        I bet that's so you can shake out some more corn from the stand. Just a guess though.

Comment

The cable is for the on demand feeder and the red lights for a night hunt.

Cantex, my camera broke and I can get the pics from it, a story is only as good as it's pics......... well, I guess I can take the card to walmart for a download??? duh.

Comment

It is the power cord for the "on-demand" control. It also had a few light mounted to the feeder legs for hunting at night. That stand is set up pretty sweet. It also has a hog rub just to the left(out of the picture). A creek runs to the right and a decent size pond is behnd it.

Comment

Here's some pics from when I was there in December:

Comment

Go back to the hunting reports for December and you can read about this sow some. I also had a story about it in this past LSBA magazine. Planning on going back. That sow yielded some good meat.

Comment

BTW, he said, and I quote, "Don't shoot my deer".

Comment

?

do they have a website? I have heard of them but have never seen what they offer. thanks in advance.

Comment

it is http://www.sansabaranch.com

Comment

Working...
                      X