First Point in October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Point in October

Has anyone had any luck hunting First Point in October? We have a hunt scheduled for Oct. 18-22,(only time available). From what I read in other posts, the hunting is hard enough anyway with out having to deal with the heat. Won't the deer still be in their feeding patterns then? Any tips for October hunting would be appreciated.

Have never been in October but went for my first time last year the second weekend in November. The deer are still in feeding patterns and not interested in the doe yet from what I saw. They may be eating with them but not chasing. It was fairly warm in the evenings when we were there and we still saw what I would consider good activity.

Comment

Thanks Big D. I hunted near there a few years ago but did not have any luck. Saw lots of deer just not what I was looking for. Maybe we will have some luck this time

Comment

I hunted there last year in October, November, and January. The deer activity and movement was good each time. The deer like to eat corn even when it was hot. I suggest that if you get a mature buck in front of you that you try to take him, because the deer are very smart.

Comment

Went opening weekend of Bow Season a couple of seasons ago. In short out of about 20 hunters 1 buck was killed the last evening. It was tough hunting.

Comment

Went two years ago in Oct. deer movement was mainly in the evenings very slow in the mornings.

Comment

Our hunt in during the first quarter of the moon in October so the hunting should be fairly good in the evening. Can't be all bad if we are hunting. Could be worse we could be working.

Comment

There's really no fededing patterns there....when the ole "bells" ring on the the feed wagons...they feed. October is as good as any other time...with exception to the rut....you just have to hide, be still, and don't stink.

Comment

I have never been there, but I am going the weekend after you....so find me a big one and help a brother out

Comment

bring a large block of ice with you to sit on in the blind

Comment

I'll be there on October 4-7, 2007. What days are you going to be there PYBUCK?

Comment

We will be there the 18th -22nd. Let me know how you did when you get back and any hints you can relay would be appreciated. Good luck to you.

Comment

PYBUCK, we will be there the same days you are. It should be a good hunt

Comment

Working...
                          X