No announcement yet.

San Saba Ranch / ABC ranch / www.sansabaranch.com a bad review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dang. I kept reading the story hoping to come to the part where you stretched his arrogant arse out with a right hook across his lips sorry for the ruined hunt. appreciate the heads up.

Comment

You guys really did the right thing and are to be respected for the way you handled a bad situation. Many of us would be tempted to lose our cool in the same situation. Your cool heads prevailed. Guys like you give us a good name! Thanks.

Comment

"Hi my name is Richard. But you can call me Deek cuz it's short."

Comment

me too.

Comment

You my friend are a true brother and a loyal friend ......sorry for the bad luck

Comment

I'll be sure to post photos and give a report. There is a reason you have book months and months ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by devil1824 View Post
                I'll be sure to post photos and give a report. There is a reason you have book months and months ahead.

This is my first post on the the forum just finished reading this thread.. devil 1824, did you read the thread as well? And your ok with this guy making money off you?...

Comment

Originally posted by devil1824 View Post
                  Please dont waste your time. That guy will never look good in any of the eyes or ears here. I know several of the guys that went on that trip and if they were treated that way with no remorse the guy is OBVIOUSLY a TOOL and wont get ANY good promotion here. I can promise your thread will go SOUTH fast when you start it so best thing I would suggest is post the pics and keep everything else to yourself.

Comment

09-14-2010, 01:40 PM

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                    I just got off the phone with Richard's wife (Joy) and it seems there's more to this story. I'm not taking sides, and I won't get into he said/she said, but I am still going up there in a couple of weeks to hunt. She was willing to refund our deposits, but I told her our group wanted to proceed as planned. I will post about our hunt when I return home.

I did tell Joy that we did not want any dogs to run the pigs as we prefer to spot and stalk when we aren't in the stands and she's going to pass this on to Richard. Having the tracking dog to help locate a wounded pig is a plus and welcome that when its needed, but that's the only time we'll want a dog in the pasture. That won't be a problem.

I will say this; I've been there 3 times and have had a good time each time, like several other TBH'rs. We haven't all killed pigs each outing or trip, but that's hunting. I've never run into the owners' friend and hope we don't; I'd just like to avoid any conflicts. Our groups have always treated the owners and their property with respect, fronted the deposits like they ask, and received respect in return. I'm hoping that relationship continues.

So how did your hunt go?!?! Update???

Comment

To the TBH'ers who were a part of this incident...my hat is off to you all! I would hope that the good Lord and my counseling for anger problems would come through if it happened to me, but honestly, I couldn't take credit if it did. I'd just have to thank the Lord for keeping me calm...you guys are incredible for keeping yourselves above retaliation. God bless you all

Comment

don't know how I missed this one way back when, but I am glad to see that it is being kept towards the top of the page so everyone can see what happened to you all.

Comment

Bump til this guy is totally out of business.

Comment

So, how many people here have actually been? Is this just supposed to be a bash fest because of one group had a bad experience? I've been 7x now. Went this month. ZERO dogs,No drunks.(besides me) Just curious.

Comment

I have never been, I just like a bandwagon

Comment

And this wagon has a lot of seats. Keep riding

Comment

Working...
                                X