Thompson Temple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thompson Temple

Has anyone hunted with Thompson Temple for ram hunts ? I am hearing very mixed reviews !

Do a search for Thompson Temple. There is lots of threads and reports about this place. Good Luck!!

Comment

I've been there, and I'm going back. You'll hear that the "cabin" is terrible, but in all honesty, it wasn't too bad IMO. There are always those who don't care for high fence hunting, and I'm one of them, but you can make your hunt as challenging as you want at Temple's place. Try a spot and stalk hunt on those mountains, them rams can move up and down them better than the average human can move on flat ground.

Comment

check the bowhunting reports section, theres several posts from a hunt that alot of us went on, i had a great time, for what it costs to hunt the "cabin" is alot better than it could be and just as nice as some deer leases ive been on. Find a group to go and it makes it great.

Comment

have heard some good and bad

Comment

Is there a group planning on going there anytime soon ?

Comment

There have been a lot of threads about Thompson's place. It is what it is and you can make hunting there as easy or hard as you want. Many of the rams there will walk up and eat out of your hand, but there are also rams that are pretty wild up in the hills. The best word of advice I can give you is make sure you know what it is you are looking for and what characteristics define that animal. I was new to hunting exotics when I went to Thompson's. I was looking for a trophy mouflon and Thompson said he had one in his "high dollar" pen. I shot the "mouflon" only to find out after the fact that it was a "mouflon type" not a full blood mouflon. Thompson neglected to tell me it wasn't a full blood mouflon, but I in turn didn't do my homework well enough to know what I was looking at wasn't a full blood mouflon. All that being said I am going back again, just a little better educated.

Comment

I've hunted with these guys that have posted on here and they are correct.

Good: cheap hunt with quality animals
                Bad: accomodations are poor
                Wisdom: you can make it as challenging as you want or as easy as you want (literally).

I don't like shooting the rams that eat out of your hand, so I hike and stalk the hills by foot all day from dusk till dawn...therefor I enjoy the hunt and kill.

You can do all this for less than $400.

Now, if you don't mind spending between $500-$1000, I can think of a few nicer places to go where you can kill some nice trophy quality rams.

It all depends on your budget for the hunt and your attitude.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

I think it is was it is. Doesn't cost much, but you dont get much. Not a bad deal for a cheap weekend getaway with friends. Cabin not worth staying in if you have your own accomadations

Comment

Originally posted by courtatlawjudge View Post
                      I think it is was it is. Doesn't cost much, but you dont get much. Not a bad deal for a cheap weekend getaway with friends. Cabin not worth staying in if you have your own accomadations
                      Why do so many people have to hate on Thompson. He's made some major improvements.

Comment

Working...
                      X