First trip to HOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First trip to HOT

I will be hunting HOT mid October this year. This is my first trip there and I am curious about a good set up to use on the place. Tripod, ground blind, treestand. Any info would be appreciated.

In mid october you can get by with tripod or ground blind.All the pastures have some trees to tuck a tripod in or even a ladder stand.I hunt there a good bit and have used both set ups.If wind is same direction entire hunt I prefer the veiw from a stand but if wind is shifting I've had a little more luck in blind.The main thing at this place is don't walk all over your pasture to find a set up.Go to feeder find heaviest used trail and set up 250 yrds away with an easy access.You will really enjoy your hunt this way.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I will definitely try it out.

Comment

A ground blind works best due to the short trees. Like stated above, find the best trails to the feeder or water and set up. I like to place my blind deep under an oak with lots of limbs drooping over and down. If it has some underbrush that's even better just cut a hole for you blind and debris the floor really well. Brush in and brush in some more.

I've been and used a ground blind and a small tripod. If I bring an additional set up this year it will be a 12' ladder stand.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
        X