Giles Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giles Island

Anyone ever hunted there or have any inside information?........

They just increased their size requirements for bucks to be taken from 140 inches for deer taken with a bow and 160 inches for bucks taken with a gun. There are several 130 to 140 class deer. The bow hunt is worth the money. I feel like starting next year they will have several 140 class deer to take with a bow. I was going to go this year but I'm waiting till next year. My uncle went last year and saw several bucks but nothing in the 150 class. saw three in the 140's. Know three others that go every year and they also believe for the money the bow hunt is the way to go. They will let you shoot mgt bucks. 8 pts or less and some of these deer will score in the 130's. Once again for the money the bow hunt is worth it.

Comment

Hunter I hunted with ther shot as Pope & young buck that was stolen by the guides

guides reell throphy deer for big $$$ later to gun hunters who fail to score

I wont go back

callme 830 634 2878 Monday

Tomorrow you can speak to the bowhunter first hand Tink Nathan

Comment

Thanks for the posts, i hunted there last year with no success, it was a October bow hunt and very hot. Saw no shootable bucks. Just looking for some inside info before i go back. Dont really know whether or not to trust the guides. I actually hunted by myself for three days because of a guide shortage, but they still told me where to hunt. Great food ans accomidations but the hunting was poor due to the weather i am sure. The only good deer i saw was one that was coming to a feeder by the main lodge at night...tink, i will call you soon....

Comment

I hunted there back to back years several years ago and enjoyed myself. I hunted early in the year and it was hot, I actually saw a couple of shooters but they would not come within range. Great food a good accomadations in my opinion. Overall I thought the place is well worth the price that they are asking even though my two hunts were free.

Comment

Its greta rifle set up Not a greta bow swet up The top trophy on year went to a bwobuck that was the miniumn they allwo go figure

I doubt the owners know what the guides are doing It not set up for bowhunter period

Comment

Working...
            X