First day lease hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First day lease hunt

Well, for my first day lease hunt I chose Keith Johns Outdoors, and let me tell you, it was not a mistake. I went down there on wednsday June 9th, and hunted the exotics package. I can truthfully say that I had animals in front of me every time I sat. My real goal was to shoot a nice axis buck, but I did not get one in front of me in range. I did end up shooting a nice blackbuck doe on the second day, and 10 minutes later I shot my second hog! Keith was an amazing host and guide, and his boy was just as good. They had some great blood dogs also!

My first day lease hunt was on Keith's place to .It was a hard choice and kinda scarey choice to make from a 1000 miles away and not having any idea what to expect.
    Ive always had fun and will keep going back ,I made the right choice. Not sure when Ill try someplace else but I dont think Ill do it till I can afford to book a hunt at Keiths and someplace else.
    Glad you had fun Im going back next month cant wait.
    Mike

Comment

Keith and his bunch are good people and will go out of their way to see you are on the game and he really is great guy with kids. I took my son on a exotic hunt there last october and he missed a hog with some very nice cutters. We were hunting Axis and Black Buck mainly but we never got any with in his effective range but saw plenty of both. He ended up taking a nice Ram on the last day of the hunt. Keith moved us around a couple of times to some spots where he thought he could get a closer shot and that told me alot about the man, he even picked us up in the middle of a hunt to hunt a stand that another guy was hunting the morning before to try to get on a black buck that he saw come to the feeder after he set it off twice but he never showed till we were loading up to go. I am planning on going back this October.

Comment

My boy & I are headin there next weekend & cant wait!!

Comment

What kind of price range does he offer?

Comment

Ttechhunter, congrats on the animals and good hunt.

Originally posted by postman View Post
            What kind of price range does he offer?
            Heres a link to his prices. http://www.keithjohnsoutdoors.com/KJOpackages.html

I have been there a few times and will be going back for more because it's that good. If you live in Victoria, KJO is only about 1.5 hours away.

Comment

Where exactly are these guys located?

Comment

got a web add for them ?

Comment

Keith's a good guy and has a good operation. His website is www.keithjohnsoutdoors.com

Comment

Working...
                  X