Hog hunts near Round Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog hunts near Round Rock

Were to go for a hog hunt near Round Rock bow or rifle is good. Looking to spend @ 100-175 on the hunt.

DB Hunting is in Bertram which is 30-45 minutes from Round Rock. He has a lot of hogs though most are small. They allow gun and bow. This is the only day lease I have hunted in the Austin area. The people that run DB are nice people.

Comment

Just got home from DB Hunting Ranch. Buddy and I killed 5 pigs between the two of us. Danny's son Daniel took care of us and did a great job. Not very many big hogs out there, but a ton of good eaters. We killed two that were approx 100 lbs and three that were 40 or 50 lbs.

Comment

Oh yeah, we were bow hunting. Most shots are 20 yds or less.

Comment

Originally posted by HeloMed1 View Post
          Just got home from DB Hunting Ranch. Buddy and I killed 5 pigs between the two of us. Danny's son Daniel took care of us and did a great job. Not very many big hogs out there, but a ton of good eaters. We killed two that were approx 100 lbs and three that were 40 or 50 lbs.

I'm glad y'all had success at DB. I had a bad experience with them. It may be hit and miss with them.....

Comment

Try the Tenroc in Salado... one of the best places I have been on in a long time

Comment

Originally posted by rtread View Post
              I'm glad y'all had success at DB. I had a bad experience with them. It may be hit and miss with them.....
              Same boat.

Comment

Originally posted by rtread View Post

Good to know. They are running a special on CR for hog hunts and I was gonna go but wasnt to sure yet.

Think I'll hold out till it cools off anyway. Thanks guys for the input

Comment

I just went to DB three weeks ago and whacked two 50lb pigs at stand #1. I had a great time. I saw about 50 pigs all together in 2.5 hours!!! Shot was 24 yards on both. If I would have waited I could have shot a bigger one right before dark. It cost me $100 bucks and I tipped Danny Jr. $25 for cleaning my pigs. You will see animals and if you do not take a shot you can go back for free.

Comment

Working...
                  X