Has anyone hunted ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone hunted ??

Has anyone hunted this ranch http://www.riobravohunting.com I was just wondering. I have been getting a wierd feeling about this guy. I do not know if I trust him and we are booked to hunt June 22-23. Any help would be appreciated.

There was this red headed guy at the Bank the other day talking about it and he said that the owners got him intoxicated and after he went to sleep some guy in a batman suit came out to the closet and treated him very badly most of the night....so he recommended this place. I think he is going back next weekend.

Comment

The site has alot of old pictures.I didn't see any bowhunters or any referance to bowhunting.Just my observation.

DJ

Comment

seems pretty **** shady to me.

Comment

Killem why didnt you ask this before you booked a Hunt? Please let us alll know how it turns out?

Comment

first of all I booked it on the word of the ranch foreman who said it had alot of animals come to find out he is a lying b and I was just checking to see if anyone else has delt with him. I also booked but have not sent a deposit

Comment

He doesn't even spell "Koo Doo" right. if you don't feel right about it, back out.

Comment

I say back out while you still can.

Comment

I would stay away from this place. I hunted with this guy a couple of months ago at a ranch east of Wimberly and I thought it was very shady. We were suppose to be hunting turkeys. Well old Jerry puts us in tower stands about 60 yrds away from the feeder. I imagine that even the most skilled bowhunter would find this type of hunting situation to be bad for bowhunting or even shotgun hunting Turkey's. Jerry also told us about all these free range exotics including kudu (Yes on his website he says Koo Doo) that had gotten off of some neighbors high fence ranch. Noone in our party of three ever saw one. Jerry made it a point not to let us talk with the other parties out hunting that day, or know the numbers of hunters hunting, but I don't believe anyone hunting that weekend was very successful. I did see some hogs after dusk, in the dark while I was waiting to get picked up, and a few hen turkeys off in the distance, but that was about it. Jerry seemed to be really nice, and friendly, but in the end I felt kinda bad about the entire experience. Jerry, probably does have a lot of hogs, and deer, and many be a lot of other critters as well. But my thoughts are, if he sales a garanteed Kudu hunt on his website for over $5,000, then I wouldn't make much since for him to let day lease hunters have a shot at it for $200 dollars a day. Something doesn't add up. But, My buddies and myself get a real good laugh every now and then about how we got one pulled over on us by old Jerry.

Comment

Oh and Kill em, as far as I understand, Jerry is the ranch foreman at this ranch in Wimberly,( Or so he said when we called about his add in the San Antonio paper), but he is also the Owner of Rio Bravo Hunting, and the head Guide, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X