Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Bar E or Quatro B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar E or Quatro B?

One last time before I make a decision. I'm going to do a ram hunt at one of these ranches; I just can't seem to make up my mind with which one. Thoughts?

The only time I have available is going to be in June. Do you think it will be too hot? Save my money and go another time?

Thanks,

too hot ?? its always hot in Tx, iv seen good pics from Bar E

Comment

i wen to Bar E last year in Oct. wanted to shoot a ram myself but ended up taking a catalina goat because I didnt see any quality rams. They had lots of other nice animals but no good rams that I could see (didnt mean they werent there). But that was a while ago and things do change. The bunkhouse is A+ if you are planning on staying over night.

Comment

My buddies and I had a really bad experience at the Quatro B. Im not going it to details because it was several years ago and I think he has changed the way he does business now. June is to hot to shoot rams. Their hair is thin and in alot of rams they have bald spots. Not good for mounting. I would come to the Diamond C. Skylar will treat your right and he is honest, which is more than I can say for some ranches. Hunt December thru March for rams.

Comment

With respect to the Quattro B...Doug (owner) is a good guy and relatively hands-off unless there is an issue. If the kid running the place is still Kaleb, then he's kind of a knucklehead and doesn't really "get it." We saw plenty of rams there and I'm sure you could drop one in a day as they are pretty predictable.

Comment

Kaleb is no longer around. Took some recent video of the rams, shagging out to their summer thin coat :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t4rkrS6VGw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t4rkrS6VGw[/ame]
            ~ c
            Last edited by takoma; 04-27-2010, 09:46 PM.

Comment

those are some decent tx dalls. didn't see anything near that size at Bar E.

Comment

Originally posted by wlo11 View Post
                those are some decent tx dalls. didn't see anything near that size at Bar E.

They will cost you $500 extra. Not mentioned on the website or on the phone. Only after you show up.

Comment

I talked to a guy that went to Bar E. He wasn't very happy. That doesn't mean very much to me though. I didn't know the guy very well. I just caught it in a conversation.

Comment

It was a one time thing on those rams with a trophy fee.
                    Odd that this may have been lost in communication at one point back in the day.

However now,... all animals have a FLAT RATE on them. No trophy fee.
                    What you pay for that hunt can bag you small- med-or large.

No concern for whatever size.
                    it's flat rate.

c
                    Last edited by takoma; 04-30-2010, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X