Insight on TT lodging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insight on TT lodging?

I know lots of stuff has been posted about Thompson Temple but my question is about the lodging. I have heard that it is good and I have heard that it is bug infested with scorpions everywhere. Please someone who knows tell me exactly how the lodging is.

It's dry.
    It has working toilets.
    It has electricity.
    It has air conditioners.

I've never seen scorpions, but that don't mean they're not there.
    IMO, normal amount of bugs for a camphouse.

It's not the Hilton, or even Motel 6, but it's a place to sleep.

Comment

Was there last July. I stayed in the A frame. I didn't have any issues. I stayed on the couch down stairs infront of the AC. I didn't see any bugs.

Comment

I was there a couple weeks ago. I stayed in the Cowboy Cabin, up on the hill. It is basically a single wide mobile home with bunk beds in it. There are three rooms with two beds in each room, and the living room area has six beds in it. I didn't see any bugs at all, but the "floors" which consist of plywood patches were not very clean. It had a working toilet and shower but the water pressure is LOW(we took a gallon of bleach and other cleaning products for the bathroom) and the heat worked. It has electical outlets, but you need to be careful how much stuff is plugged in or you will trip the breaker. We just used them for charging cell phones and the like. The kitchen area has a hotplate type stove, working sink (again with low pressure) and a working fridge as well as a usable countertop and kitchen table. In all reality, I didn't think it was that bad, better than sleeping in a tent IMO. Working in my profession, I've seen people's homes that live in worse conditions 24-7-365, and I'm not referring to the nuts either, just poor folks that can't afford worse. It was clean enough, and had enough creature comforts to please me. For the price, you won't beat it. We also had 3 or 4 women in our group and none of them complained about the accommodations. I would call it a typical camp house.

Comment

Yep what they said. Been there twice and didn't have a problem.

Comment

Didnt like the accomodations at all. Stay in the hotel in rocksprings. Youll be better off.

Comment

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
              Didnt like the accomodations at all. Stay in the hotel in rocksprings. Youll be better off.
              Anthony, you and Skeeter are two of the only people I've known that are scared of the cabins at Thompsons. I'm starting to wonder if ya'll fall into a new class of hunters, maybe .... high maintenance?

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                Anthony, you and Skeeter are two of the only people I've known that are scared of the cabins at Thompsons. I'm starting to wonder if ya'll fall into a new class of hunters, maybe .... high maintenance?
                Ha Ha "High Maintenance" thats good. I didn't here any complaints from Jackie last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Killem all View Post
                  I didn't here any complaints from Jackie last year.
                  Right? But Jackie's cool like that!

I wonder if those sissy boys would stay if Thompson would put some scented soaps in the shower and leave a mint on their pillows!

Comment

Working...
                  X