Exotics at DB Hunting Ranch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exotics at DB Hunting Ranch?

Has anyone hunted exotics at DB Hunting Ranch? I am trying to book a hunt where I can bowhunt for exotics with a friend that gun hunts. All of the bow kills on their website are hogs and one ram. Looking at the threads on Rate the Day Lease for this ranch, it looks like most were hunting hogs. Anyone bowhunted exotics here and what was your impression. My first choice is axis or blackbuck.
    Thanks

I was wondering the same thing!

Comment

I shot a blackbuck back in April at DB. It was a really fun hunt. My report is post 12 of this link.

Comment

Also pic of of euro are at this link

Comment

We ended up going to DB last weekend. There were lots of hogs but they traveled in large groups and didn't stop moving for very long. There were also lots of fallow, sika and axis does. My buddy who was rifle hunting shot a sika doe and 2 hogs. I ended up hunting an oryx after Danny gave me a price I couldn't resist.

Jake the guide was great and Danny and Kelly, the owners were great people as well. We had a good time overall and thought this ranch was a good value.

Danny said he would be offering hunts for 28"-30" axis bucks for $1,000-$1,100 in the next few months.
          Last edited by ken; 10-24-2011, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Nicely done

Comment

Congrats on a fine trophy!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Congrats on the Oryx!

Comment

congrats on the oryx. I want one!

Comment

ive hunted there a couple times and no shortage of trophys

Comment

Nice oryx....Congrats!

Comment

I shot a nice chocolate fallow deer there last year, and I've hunted there 4x. The guides are really nice and it's a great place to take kids. It's kinda small (maybe 100-150 acres) but lots of game. Plus it's very easy to get to from Austin.

Comment

You cant go wrong at DB and all of them are great to deal with .have had my 2 boys there many times .

Comment

nice oryx thanks for posting!

Comment

Working...
                              X