Baker 3 Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baker 3 Ranch

I'm looking for input from anyone who has hunted the Baker 3 Ranch. What were your likes & dislikes about the hunt? How would you rate your overall experience?

Depends on what your expectations are!

I personally love it because it is a challenge, you do it all, set up, scout, and hunt. You pick the pasture and you make it happen.

I personally have gotten a kill every time and I am still waitning on that big axis buck though, so that is what keeps me coming back.

They have plenty of animals though.

Comment

i'm also thinking about getting in on one of those hunts. is it all spot and stalk? what kind of shooting opportunities are there? lots of game?

Comment

Baker is a fun hunt. Last year was the first time I did it, and I had a good time.

Like Murph said, it is a do it yourself type hunt. You take your own blinds, you pick your pasture, and place to set up and go at it. You can spot and stalk, in your own pasture, but I would think that is not the best approach to this hunt.

There is a lot of game on this ranch, and depending on what you are looking for you can get just about anything. If I remember correctly, the ranch is upwards of 10,000 acres.

I would rate my hunt as an 8 over all. I did have a shot at a white-tail doe and missed. The group we were with was great, and would go back again.

Comment

I have been to the Baker Ranch on 2 or 3 of the annual Spring Blackbuck hunt. I called yesterday and they still have spots available for this March hunt so I think I am going to go ahead and sign up. The lady that I spoke with said that some of the Axis were still in velvet and some are hard horned by now. It is a fun hunt on a really pretty ranch. I enjoy it and plan on giving it another go.

Comment

Comment

Any news on how the annual hunt is going?

Comment

Interested in how this went as well...

Comment

Just booked for the October 8-10 hunt with some TBH members. I saw a ton of whitetails on the March hunt and I think it will be very good chance at getting on some animals this fall. We had a blast. Not many animals were taken but they were there for sure. It was very windy so it made it hard on us. Did get a Turkey but didn't get any other shots.

Comment

Working...
                  X