Bar E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar E

Has anyone been to the Bar E lately? I was thinking about going back...but last time I was there the animal inventory seemed to be way down from years ago!

Have heard many folks say that the animal count is way down out there.

Comment

Any updates on this? We are looking for next year, but we want to book soon and this is discouraging.

Comment

My son and I were there the week after Christmas and their were certainly plenty of animals for us. We had several animals and different species on every hunt (whitetail, axis, sika, fallow, blackbuck, hogs & a few others that came in when it was too dark to identify). Heck, there were animals within view of the cabins in the evening's and morning's (full moon)... including one nice black buck I'd of loved to have.

We also saw them release 4 sika bucks while we were there....
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7381 (Medium).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	23917791

Name:	IMG_7369 (Medium).JPG
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	23917793

Which is good cause my son took one of the one's they already had back with us.....

Name:	IMG_0063 (Medium).jpg
Views:	3
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	23917792

Even had hogs coming up to the horse stables near the cabins as we departed during the middle of the day....

Name:	IMG_7397 (Medium).JPG
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	23917797

I was thoroughly impressed with the number of animals we saw and couldn't imagine expecting more.
        Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Thanks Devin. We are deciding between KJO and Bar E. This helps.

Comment

i was there in oct of 09. saw alot of blackbuck but didn't see any quality ones. they were all hanging out around the bunkhouses like he said in the morn and evenings. there were a few nice axis bucks and i had one decent red stag come in one morning. i was there for a ram and ended up shooting a catalina goat. didnt see any good quality rams either but that doesn't mean there aren't any. i've never been to KJO but if i had a choice between the two id definately go there. i enjoyed Bar E but probly wont go back.

Comment

My girlfriend and I just got back from a hunt there on the 1st-3rd. The Bar E is a beautiful place and the accomadations were outstanding. It was her first bowhunt, so I just tagged along and tryed to video the hunt for her. We saw tons of animals but that area is very green and the animals were not coming to corn. She was after a ram, and Larry was very catering to find and set us up on several rams. After a few hours trying to intercept a pair of rams, she was able to zip a muzzy into a nice Barbado Ram. It was her first ever kill, and we were both excitied to say the least. I think she might be hooked now. It was definitely not a gimmy hunt, for sure. But it was game rich enough in the goat and ram department to keep you set up for possible shots. I would recommend this place to anybody looking for a very reasonably priced exotic hunt. We also saw numerous Blackbuck, axis, and whitetail during the hunt. The only downside to the hunt was when Larry entrusted me with his Nice Kodak camera, and I layed it on the ground for a split second so i could adjusted the ram, and when I turned around I realized that my girlfriend Brandy had not seen it and crushed it with her new boots. SORRY LARRY... Needless to say the trip cost us 200 dollars more than we planned. Walmart just happened to be out of the camera that we broke so we had to pay 100 more to get Him one to replace it. Very worth it though.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice pics. Congrats on the pretty lady's ram!

Comment

Working...
                X