No announcement yet.

Just got back from Rancho Creek Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would try to contact Mr.Chambers and really make sure that you are not going to be on Wade's Ranch. That's the only way I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE R View Post
      me and three of my buddies will be at chambers may 4,5 and 6th, how do you know where you will end up we have been told we will be on the main ranch with sean for a guide but i guess we won't know that until we get there from reading some of these post. we have paid for the exotic package and 2 of us really would like oppurtunities at axis and 2 want black buck but if we get stuck on the small place it don't sound like we will get those oppurtunnities. if any one knows please let me know how to make sure we get the main ranch.
      If you specifically asked for the main ranch, then you will be on the main ranch. If you have any questions call Sean, his number is the cell phone listed on the website.
      Jeff Young

Comment

Originally posted by abouch1213 View Post
        absolutely. Did you talk to Sean by any chance?
        Only about 10 times this week

We have a hunt scheduled for June. Will be the 4th time since January that we have hunted there so I talk to him a lot to see what the animals are doing and just to see how others have scored.
        Jeff Young

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE R View Post
          me and three of my buddies will be at chambers may 4,5 and 6th, how do you know where you will end up we have been told we will be on the main ranch with sean for a guide but i guess we won't know that until we get there from reading some of these post. we have paid for the exotic package and 2 of us really would like oppurtunities at axis and 2 want black buck but if we get stuck on the small place it don't sound like we will get those oppurtunnities. if any one knows please let me know how to make sure we get the main ranch.
          Those Axis deer will move all day long. If you have the patience and can sit still your odds will go up.

Comment

Originally posted by jyoung View Post
            We have a hunt scheduled for June.

Just rub it in why don't ya!!

Hi Jeff!!!!

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
              Just rub it in why don't ya!!

Hi Jeff!!!!

DJ
              Sorry DJ. You know how I am
              Jeff Young

Comment

I have known Maurice for about 12 yrs and lived with him and guided for him for many years. I did exactly what Sean does now, and lieing to a hunter is not something that would be taking lightly by Maurice or Jaime. So it's hard for me to believe that this would have been done by either of the two. In my personal opinion you will never meet a better person in your life. Maurice leads a life that many should and could only wish to live.

I was actually supposed to be there and guide while Sean was out of the state. But could'nt get away from the fire station do to trade pay backs. So I know personally that Sean could have not been awol when everyone knew he was going to be out of the state.

But yes, the animals at Rancho Creek can't compare to the main ranch or Cystal Creek. In the future I would be sure and make sure your at the main ranch, if that is were you wont to be. But don't let this stop you from hunting some of the other ranches that Maurice has, because I'm sure you wont be disappointed.

Comment

Landon, we have got to get together some time
                  Jeff Young

Comment

Anytime

I might just have to show up in June and shoot the @#$! and maybe hunt with ya'll.

Comment

As long as you don't get that Landon guy as a guide you will be fine!

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                        How is he a known liar?Just because somebody has a bad trip doesn't mean the place is bad.There are ALWAYS two sides to the story.There is not a single outfitter in the world that has 100% satisfied clients/hunters.
                        DJ
                        You're right, I should not have called him a "known liar". There are two sides, I wish he'd come on here and tell us his side.

When I hear more than one person express the same experience, I tend the figure there's a pattern. Comments like, "most people dont mind not shooting anything if they see alot of animals it dont matter what kind of animals they are" and telling folks there are more quality animals on the place than there are, and telling them they'll be hunting one ranch but when they show up they are moved to a different one, etc., etc., etc... make me wander.

I don't have a lot of money, so when I spend money on a hunt, I expect an opportunity. I do not expect to kill everytime, but I do expect to at least see the animals advertised. If I blow it, that's hunting.

Maybe it's just me, but hunting prices are getting out of hand, and there are far too many ranches out there looking to capitalize for the quick buck. I choose not to play where there is doubt. And until I'm convinced otherwise, I have doubt about the Chamber's operation.

Comment

I can grant you that if you go and hunt with Maurice there wont be any doubt's in your mind. Also, do you really think that a man that has made a living his whole life doing this would have made it this long as a liar? NO
                          Your not always going to please every hunter and anyone who has every guided or run hunts will agree on this. There will always be a chance on someone leaving mad wether it's because the dogs did'nt find there animal and the still had to pay, or you would'nt let them hunt behind the house in the no hunting, or you would'nt let them shoot out of the pick-up at a wounded animal, or you caught them corning animal's with vechicles and then jumping out and shooting them. The list goes on and on but you don't see the ranch owner taking it out on every other hunter. Because, that would be unfair to the hunter's who would never do these things. So I would suggest that you don't take all your info from one bad comment when you don't really know what happened. But I can justify for hundreds of happy hunter's from all over the United States who would never day hunt another ranch but Maurice's. Thanks, Landon

Comment

Working...
                          X