No announcement yet.

anyone hunted brushyhill lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 point, we also found our selves a bowhunting lease for this coming year and so far it looks like it may turn out to be a pretty decent place. With that said I am still going to book a few hunts with BHR, simply because we always have a good time out there. I do have to say that I've been there 5 times and only killed once, but I have passed on a few animals alot of people might have shot at. Also friends have had there share at quality animals but couldn't close the deal. Anyways good luck finding a lease and Happy New Year to you brother...Lates!!

We hunted the Hog Heaven South.

Comment

Trail Cam Pics

Poco Bueno,

You mentioned you had placed out several trail cams out there can you post some pics of the bucks you did get pictures of? Also did they mention anything about a big deer being shot out of Hog Heaven South I hunted there in the middle of November and had a 155 to 160 class ten come in and a mid 130 class 8 but of course couldn’t get a shot at neither of them or I wouldn’t be asking. I was wondering if the Ten was ever killed he was a very educated big old deer, I have never seen a more nervous deer in my life. But seeing him I will definitely go back for another round it was my first time there and had a blast.

Comment

Yup, I will post them up tonight. As far as the big ten, I think I know what deer your talking about. My buddy had it come in two weeks ago and all he needed was for it to take another couple of steps. Needless to say he took the steps but they were backwards. This time around my buddy hunted that deer all 3 days and no sign of him..Lates!!

Comment

I'll be looking for them as well as I need a confidence boost after hearing from a couple people on the poor hunting, KillemAll is hunting at Firstpoint and says the deer movement sucks there as well so its not just Brushyhill.

Comment

Some of the bucks are broken up already but they will give you an idea of what can be found out there.

Comment

Originally posted by poco bueno View Post
              Yup, I will post them up tonight. As far as the big ten, I think I know what deer your talking about. My buddy had it come in two weeks ago and all he needed was for it to take another couple of steps. Needless to say he took the steps but they were backwards. This time around my buddy hunted that deer all 3 days and no sign of him..Lates!!
              He was a very nice deer but very very educated he was walking the trail looking up (checking the trees) would stop every 5 feet make sure he didn’t miss anything. And then he hit my corned area (SUPER LIGHT) that wasn’t there the day before and he came out of his skin before I could get a shot! But he never busted me just knew that corn wasn’t there yesterday!

He was a golden horned deer not dark horned lots of mass heavy all the way out his beams. The 130 eight i saw was dark horned.

Comment

I was there with 1 point,i hunted off the corn route,deer very educated,i put some corn out a few does came by saw it took off.I also notice them looking right at my pop up and i burshed it in real good.I hunted on the corn route just because it was the normal for them,notthing starts happening till the corn truck goes by.My best advise would be bursh your pop up real good and then go back and bursh it in some more,it looks to me like they pick out the dark hole I got a pick of my pop up brush in i had a good set up saw some does.I would not put any corn out just let them know more less where you are at and they'll try to trun the sppiner on there,the hand that did the corn route when we were there is pretty cool ,they will walk up and down the corned road.Any thing out of the normal and they are gone!

Comment

Here is a pick of my set up at burshy hill.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm looking to hunt hogs there in March. Were you guys see any hogs while you were there?

Comment

My game cam took a pic of one at night.

Comment

rockco were you on the edge of the rd(corn route). If you hunt the corn rout you should set up 20-30 yds down wind of the route with a small shooting lane between you and the route. I sometimes even trickle a little corn off the main route and into some bushes in my shooting lane. If I use a pop up I will usaually set up behind an existing bush and cut a lne thru it with the bush between me and the deer that way its more naturally brushed in. Any deer there will pick off even the best brushed in blind if its right on the road. Just an FYI from experience there.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                          rockco were you on the edge of the rd(corn route). If you hunt the corn rout you should set up 20-30 yds down wind of the route with a small shooting lane between you and the route. I sometimes even trickle a little corn off the main route and into some bushes in my shooting lane. If I use a pop up I will usaually set up behind an existing bush and cut a lne thru it with the bush between me and the deer that way its more naturally brushed in. Any deer there will pick off even the best brushed in blind if its right on the road. Just an FYI from experience there.
                          I was off the corn route 25 yards,i wasn't on the road,i was in the brush 25 yards.
                          Last edited by rockco222; 01-12-2010, 07:31 PM.

Comment

The only thing else I would say is that I would dig a hole to sit in and make a solid natural brush blind. The only time I use a popup anymore is if the weather is really bad because its hard to brush in a popup enough and like you said if they can see any bit of a black hole they will dart. Most of the guys that score out there hunt this way, as natural as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                              The only thing else I would say is that I would dig a hole to sit in and make a solid natural brush blind. The only time I use a popup anymore is if the weather is really bad because its hard to brush in a popup enough and like you said if they can see any bit of a black hole they will dart. Most of the guys that score out there hunt this way, as natural as possible.
                              We did make a couple of pit blinds,is what we call them.

Comment

hey pocco those pics aren't going to post themselves!

Comment

Working...
                                X