Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

back from the Double "L"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back from the Double "L"

how can i Rate this........two thumbs up and three if i had another thumb!

We arrived at the ranch at around 2:30 on monday after a good flight down.when we got to houston it was 52 and overcast. i called "pop"lassman up and told him we were here and he told us to make ourselves at home he was out trying to ship a processed zebra back to north carolina.the ranch bunkhouse is not fancy but it sleeps like a dream and has everything you need to cook and just lounge around!pop was one of the kindest fellas i have ever met and went out of his way for myself and my friend and our kids. they never hunted a day with us, they decided they would play there at the cabin, and they had a ball.ok, enough of that, you want to know about hogs....well let me tell you they have got em!the first evening, i was on my tripod about an hour and a group of 6 came in. at 18 yards i nailed a sow ,she was about 65 lbs.the next day the wind was terrible and i did not see anyhogs, but i did see some massive axis and blackbucks.the last morning was the gravy! pop dropped me off where he had been seeing a large spotted hog behind the lodge in a mesquite grove/ he had not been gone 5 minutes when i heard corn crunching on the the road . all i saw was hogs everywhere!!i had one shooting lane about 5 yards wide and when the first came through a large sow, i shot , but she was walking and the arrow hit a little far back.the hogs scattered, but within a few minutes in came more, i pulled to full draw and shot about a 90 lb boar right in the pump station.i continued to set there and watch so many exotics i could not even count. the hogs have a superior nose and were by far the most skittish animals there outside of the axis. if you want a good place to accomadate you and your family this place is it! my friend mike, did get some shot opportunities but could not connect. we will be back !!!

i cant wait for the bar e in two weeks, i hope the exotics cooperate !

Bill

the family and friends..

boar

sow

nice sounds like a blast!!

Comment

congrats! glad you had success. see you in two weeks at Bar E.

Comment

Congrats on a great hunt - and some nice hogs!

Did you see any rams while you were there? I can't get over the size on the pictures on their website, and while I have several rams already, I can't help but think I'm going to try for one of those!

Comment

steve, the rams ther are magnificient, if i had the money with me i would have shot a corsican that they had, they are some record book animals!!

good luck,you will have fun!!

Bill

Comment

I'm heading out tomorrow, stopping in Kansas for a little bit and then heading that way. I'm kinda like the kid in the Disney commercial - I'm too excited to sleep. The beer is helping though.

Thanks for the info - I'm sure if a one of those rams presents a shot I won't have the willpower not to take it

Comment

Yall give em hell Steve. Remember I will be wishing I was there. Take a bunch of pics.

Comment

Nice porkage, Bill...glad Texas was hospitable to you and your family.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but what are their prices and how do you contact them?

Comment

Double L Ranch

Comment

Thank you Texastaxi.

Comment

Working...
                      X