• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever hear of this place?

Its a new operation Looks very promising.....seems to have a lot of game

I just made a social call not a hunt there

Tink

Comment

I just talked to the owner today and he seems like a real nice guy and said he is working to get more Aoudad and Oryx. He said it's about 50/50 high fence and free range. The price is very affordable for 2 animals. I am going to try and set up a hunt for May.

Comment

I have hunted it twice back in March. I am going again this month. In my opinion its a great hunt. The owner is a great guy. Seen a real good axis buck that I am after, and I have saw alot of deer. Most of the axis bucks I have seen, have either just dropped or growing a new set of horns. Seen tons of doe's. It's a real fresh ranch and hasn't seen much pressure, so its a great hunt. Could have taken alot of doe's and a sika buck with my bow !

Comment

I have been talking to the owner and I am thinkning of getting a together for out there. Guess when I get it done I will let everyone know.

Comment

How many acres is it, i couldnt find it posted anywhere. Any do you remember how the blackbuck and aqudad population looked when you were there?

Comment

Its downthe road from the main gate of the YO Ranch

tink

Comment

ya, i would like to know about the auodad there too.

Comment

This place is split up. The place I have been hunting is 640 acres and the place I have not hunted is around 800 from what I hear. My dad seen a nice blackbuck close to the bunkhouse the first morning we ever hunted. He wasn't hunting at the time. The weekend before last a big blackbuck was seen on the 800 acres I have not hunted by the gate. I have been after axis deer. As for aoudad I haven't seen one yet but I hear they are pretty elusive. I have only hunted it twice . 4 days total. Have seen lots of game. Looking forward to going this month.

Comment

How would you rate the shot opportunities? With a 2 day hunt, would you expect to get a shot at a "non-goat"?

Comment

I have been hunting axis here and I could have loaded the truck with does. The 3 bucks I could have shot had just dropped thier horns, the others were just regrowing and one humongous hard horned buck I Blew it on! Have had whitetail bucks literally on top of me, wouldn't you know it only happened to me in the offseason. Could have shot a bunch blackbuck doe's. So far I have had at least 2 shot oppurtunities per setting on axis deer both bucks and doe's, just the same on blackbuck doe's, and one sika buck that I couldn't make my mind up on. By the way I have taken one axis doe. The first time I went it was a full moon, and the last time I went it was really windy. I am really trying to get in a hunt under ideal conditions now !

Comment

Looks like a cool place

Comment

Got a helluva name to it.....

Comment

Montana daves place. Looks good. I believe he just opened it up as a bow only ranch. I may look into booking a hunt with him, in the near future. Let me know how it goes switchback. You can catch me here or on the THF.

Comment

David,and his family seem very nice,nice accomodations, looking for someone to hook him up with a few quadpods, I believe it is 1100 +-acres high fenced on 3 sides low fenced in the back,he has a forum at smartranchexotics.com where you can post and have your questions answered there, GO check it out. I believe $600.00 for (1) horned and (1) doe is a great price anywhere. Can't wait for a blackbuck/ or a whitetail hunt!! PS the bunk house is haunted! Tell him Paul sent ya he may not charge you extra!!
                              Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 04-08-2007, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X