Lbj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
    So has anyone commited to going to LBJ opening weekend? All I can tell is everyone is mad at each other for something. Larry, I am gonna hit you up for some vine info very soon via PM. And if I gegt any this year it will be with the bow only. Pat, good luck with the job in NC?!

I'll be out there with a hunting buddy. We tried to educate them last weekend during a youth hunt. Will try again this weekend.

Scott

Comment

I'm glad ya'll have been on this website forever. Does that mean you can't be open to the new guy voicing his opinion? Nobody's trying to berate or namecall, or anything like that. We all know the trials and tribulations of hunting public land. I'll put the # of public land turkeys I've taken against anyone here. I've put in my time and paid my dues also. It just gets to that point sometimes when someone doesn't really care about anyone else and it becomes frustrating. Fortunately, my career allows me to hunt during the week and I don't have to deal with it that often. However, regardless of what you think, calling to turkeys before the season is not a good idea. Do you rattle deer up before the season? There's nothing wrong with scouting and entering the woods, but use your common sense and do it properly. If you don't know how, ask? There's plenty of people right here that will help. Ought to be a great weekend. Whack 'em!!! Maybe we should have a turkey contest. Public and private land divisions.

Comment

Bob,

I will be out there on Friday evening. I spoke w/ Toona and he is bringing the wife out too. I will try for the east side of Cottonwood campsite if that is ok. Toona and his bride are camping over at the snooty campsites at the dog idiots place. That way Toona can be near the toitie. He blames it on the wife, but we all know he has a narrow urethra.

I am jazzed!! Mike will not be able to make it out.

Give me a call.

Dave in Denton

Comment

It's not voicing opinion that was rude - it is the way it was said.

We are all open to other opinions, but calling people idiots or other names is flat out rude.

And, piggyback, with thousands of other possibilites, why do you think the one person you heard is actually on TBH?

Can't you post anything nice or fun to read?

We come here to learn, have fun, and meet good folks. Not to read something that leaves us frustrated. I only have to read stuff at work or in the newspaper to find that crap.

Comment

Yes Cottonwood will be great place to hang the hammock.

Comment

Yes the wife and I will be there Friday evening setting up camp and hopefully educating some birds............ I'll swing by and see everybody after the morning hunt.

Comment

WHOA!

I haven't been on here much lately, and the first thread I read is this one... with the post above mine.

Mr. Piggyback..... please let me get this straight.... did you seriously type "Dusty B*tches"? I am really hoping that was a typo on your part.?.?.?.

Unbelievable

Comment

Everybody, please, chill out.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Abby in snow camo....jpg
Views:	4
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	23824277

Best to all this season!

Comment

I haven't been to LBJ since a deer hunt last December, piggy. You'll have to keep on looking if you hope to find the idiot you were looking for.

Good luck out there, bro. Hope to see pics of your success this weekend.

Motel room for a public hunt? Dude, you ARE hardcore!

Weren't a typo, Mary. He's first class all the way. I take it he's not used to anyone telling him he's being a jerk. We call that "only child" syndrome. As for the "nobody can take a joke" comments. You haven't the foggiest idea how this forum works. EVERYONE on here loves to have fun. If your form of fun is causing trouble, you have a bumpy road to travel around here. It's very typical form for a new person to assume he can say what he wants to whoever he wants to. It's the internet, right? I mean, nobody on here knows each other, right? It happens over and over and over. Some soon realize they were being a jerk, and they apologize and everyone moves on. Some stand firm and fade away into their own little world. Please, if any part of you has a shred of dignity, let it roll off your sleeve and move on. I can tell you have much to offer the group, and I'd like to read your thoughts and advice on public hunting. Something tells me you won't take the high road, though. I find that unfortunate.
                    Last edited by Larry; 03-28-2007, 06:33 PM.

Comment

I meant to type Dust B**tches, not Dusty B*tches- SORRY!. Where you been?

Comment

I will try to be more serious from here on. Sorry for all the hooplah, just trying to have a little fun-mothing more. Be careful this weekend, watch for the horses, and if you get off the gravel, better have it in 4wd-calling for up to 6in of rain by sat morning. Dont forget the rain gear and make sure and have your waterproof calls if you cant mouth yelp. Get am acrylic or carbon striker for your pot calls or a waterproof box, or put your standard box in a bread bag and tie it shut and use it that way. If you use a decoy, i would shy away from a jake or tom deeke and just use a hen, but make sure you have a clear field of view in front of you and a solid tree for your backrest in case someone pulls a sneak on your deeke. Good luck yall and stay dry.

Comment

Mike, is that how them Whitney turkeys dance for you?

Thanks for the PM, piggy. We are officially COOOOOOOL!

Maybe a moderator can clean this thread up? Or how about just blow the whole thing up?

Comment

So..... does that mean there is a group hug?

I am happy this was apparently all a misunderstanding. Wishing everyone a great hunt this weekend!

Comment

Larry, them ain't turkeys down there. Thier Texas Chickens.

Comment

No, it's not over.....

I'm an "only child" and I am DEEPLY OFFENDED!

Larry owes me a turkey

GEEZ.........

Comment

Working...
                                X