Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2009-2010 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by camodukhuntr View Post
    Going to lake Palestine this weekend. Hopefully we can cut some ducks. If yall have heard of any reports down there let me know.
    Do you have to have a permit on that lake?

Comment

I had a buddy shoot a nice 10 at lake W on the 31st he hit bad and thinks he just got one lung. Anyhow him and some buddys spentsunday evening looking for the deer. There was another hunter in the woods were they where looking. The guy hunting evidently new someone in the search party and called him up to see what was going on. He then ask for my buddies number to talk to him about it. This guy called my buddy that was already upset that he can't find this deer he had severL pics of and had been hunting since last year and tells him that if he catches my buddy in HIS woods again he was going to kick his @$$. Since when did the signs posted have " T he owner of thi Corp land is------" I don't hunt public land but that upset me greatly . Sorry jus had
      to vent and i don't know how y'all do it but I'm impressed.

Comment

Sounds like this guy needs to be hung upsidedown from HIS tree and given a good doe estrous bath since the rut should be kicking in. I hate people like that, have my own story in a prev.post although not this bad.Could be considered a "terroristic threat " since over the telephone?

Comment

Originally posted by Killem all View Post
          I had a buddy shoot a nice 10 at lake W on the 31st he hit bad and thinks he just got one lung. Anyhow him and some buddys spentsunday evening looking for the deer. There was another hunter in the woods were they where looking. The guy hunting evidently new someone in the search party and called him up to see what was going on. He then ask for my buddies number to talk to him about it. This guy called my buddy that was already upset that he can't find this deer he had severL pics of and had been hunting since last year and tells him that if he catches my buddy in HIS woods again he was going to kick his @$$. Since when did the signs posted have " T he owner of thi Corp land is------" I don't hunt public land but that upset me greatly . Sorry jus had
          to vent and i don't know how y'all do it but I'm impressed.
          S, I know how your feel-n. And I'm sure may here do as well. Most of us public long-timers have had this experiance before. Sounds like a "threat with intent to harm" to me. Some people just aint' right up stairs. Tell your buddy just to keep on hunt-n and pay no mind to his foolishness, (for better words.) If he's that concerned about hunting in an area, I would almost bet that other feller has a feeder up in the area too. Hand toss-n is OK there, but feeders are a "No-No".

Comment

Dont let that experience for lack of better words "DOOM" all of us out there. Some guys just don't get it. I personnally have had guys in my stand when I came back from lunch but I have also met some of the greatest group of guys I know I mean first class fellas who would do anything to help ya out. When I first started bowhunting these guys tought me more than most ever get to learn they helped me when i was self starting and trying to figure things out. Don't let the bad apple in the bunch ruin it for all the great guys you can meet out in the public woods. But I do agree there are some yahoos out there too.

Comment

i wish we could turn guys like that in and have their hunting rights to hunt public lands revoked! that being said, i hope your buddy was out there during the middle of the day and not prime hunting time. the guy didnt have the right to make threats and the guys looking for the deer had every right to do so, but i'd be miffed too if i was trying to hunt and a group of guys were wandering through the woods. in the end IT'S PUBLIC LAND! what do guys like him not understand?

Comment

Did he find the deer? Tell your buddy not to worry about duches like that.

Comment

Don't worry about that! Just smile and go on your way!
                  Don't we encounter that kind of personnel everyday?
                  Life goes on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
                    Did he find the deer? Tell your buddy not to worry about duches like that.
                    No he did not. It started with good blood and the peatered out in some thick briars.

Comment

just shows you how classy people can be. I have learned alot from the fella's on here and the main one is its public land you never know what to expect. Last night instead of huntin I spent an hour out of my stand helpin a fella look for a doe. He made a good shot she just ran about 200 yards. found her and helped carry her to his truck. All in all Yesterday was the best day of huntin I have had this season. I seen a turn of lil bucks watched one eat (vacuum) all of my corn from the ground.

Happy Huntin Fellas

Comment

Justin hurry up and kill a deer already so you can shoot some ducks.

Comment

its not from lack of tryin

Comment

He's got one point turned up side down.

Comment

No palestine is all huntable. The north end of the lake has some good flooded timber right now and the woodies and greenheads are loving it.

Comment

the logo looks great LW

Comment

Working...
                                X