No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2009-2010 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i havnt posted here in a while but i finally got my permit fella's.

Comment

Camoduk, just follow state rules on does this year at Whitney and Aquilla. My take on stands left in place: I usually just walk on by or go to another area when I find someone's stand or gear. It is a very common thing. They will usually move on later and leave the location availible. And if you think you might have found the perfect tree, rest assured, it has been looked at by many people before (some old wooden stands are still in trees from 40 years ago). To remedy, I have several places to hunt from. So if someone is already sitting there, I just move on to another in that local. There are some there that make it a point to look for stands to turn in. And some that think they own the tree that they hunt from. Its all just part of public hunting. Some people follow the rules very strictly, some bend them a little, and some totally break them (feeders, fourwheelers, and rifles). I dont care for the last ones at all. But you will run into all types there, just like on leases. Course, leaveing a note on the tree letting them know you know where thier stand is,............ sometimes speeds up the process . Best to ya this year and keep posting here .

HG, glad ya updated .

Comment

Thanks a lot TG. I will keep all that in mind. I'm sure you can tell but im just now getting in to the "public" thing and didn't know what it was all about. Maybe if you are up to it we can get together to shoot some birds sometime. I have a dog that is tired of running on dry ground and small dove feathers.

Comment

Business slows down, that means hunting season is going to start.

TG, If you allow me to tag along, next time you go duck hunting, please let me know!

Comment

Hey Sam good to see ya post again how ya been lately? Talked to Charlie lately ? Justin needs to man up aint no time to be sissie fied right before the real corn totin begins LOL, Hope ya get to feelin better soon or I may just have to keep your seat warm till ya get back !!!!
            Last edited by COUNTRY BOY; 09-25-2009, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Thanks TG for taking this lake Whitney virgin out yesterday! I had a blast. To bad you could not hit a single bird out of a box of shells. Also thanks for showing me a few great places to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Xspot View Post
                Thanks TG for taking this lake Whitney virgin out yesterday! I had a blast. To bad you could not hit a single bird out of a box of shells. Also thanks for showing me a few great places to hunt.
                Mya pleasure Jered . And I missed all those birds on purpose,....................just so you could shoot a few .
                I still can't beleive I missed that may shots
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-26-2009, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Hi CB. I am doing fine. Charles is Ok, I talk with him quite often.
                  Hope to see you guys again soon.

Comment

Oh I am ok just got wore down that day. Goin back out tomorrow to check er out. Just started gettin some pigs in so might have to take the ole bow with me. I have a deer on my spot looks just like the one i shot last year. I will try to keep this one from breeding too.

Where is a good place around here for Taxi work? Got a ram hunt comin up thought it would get mounted.

Comment

Justin, I got a guy. I'll pm you my #. Call me and I'll let you know the deal.

Comment

SB get any birds today? How did the new shotgun perform? Didn't you tell me you got a benelli?
                        Last edited by rcjunky007; 09-26-2009, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rcjunky007 View Post
                          SB get any birds today? How did the new shotgun perform? Didn't you tell me you got a benelli?
                          Hehehehehee . Come on SB, tell him .

Comment

Well, I waited on TG all morning

OK, I knocked the alarm clock off the nightstand last night. When I put it back up it slide the bar over to where you set the alarm. Girlfriend said I tried to tell you, every time I looked at the clock it keep saying 4:15. Needless to say I didn't get to go for the teal. Been waiting all week for this trip

But did get more corn down for next weekend. Sorry again TG. Maybe next time I'll make it on time.

Comment

SB you should learn to listen to your girlfriend. Girlfriends look out for you. If you ever marry her, well that changes.

Comment

thanks for the pm's fellas

SB I will try to give you a call if work slows down a little after lunch

Comment

Working...
                                X