No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2009-2010 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would not recommend taking it down. If you want it gone tell the corp office and they will pull it down.

Originally posted by camodukhuntr View Post
    Hey did some scouting last week and I found a spot that might be ok. Looked around for a tree I would be able to use for my climber and what do you know a brand new latch on stand is in the best tree around. I was thinking about taking it off the tree and laying it on the ground, but wanted to ask yall what you thought of it first and if this is a common thing since it is against the rules.

Comment

Even though it is against the public land rules to leave it, your still messing with someone else's property. And if there willing to break those rules who knows what they would do if they saw you doing it. Like LW said just leave it and shoot the Corp a email or call them. Natural groundblinds are awesome for public land. There is always tons of material laying on the ground and it is something that you can leave behind.

Comment

Which side of the lake does everyone like best Bosque, Hill, or both? I've seen good sign on both.

Comment

I here alot of good things from the bosque side.

Comment

Bosque is definitely the side to be on. bout threw my back out today I carried in 3 bags of corn about a 2 mile walk and in the mud too. Thought I would have to call for air support to fly me out.

Comment

Originally posted by jgirsh View Post
              Bosque is definitely the side to be on. bout threw my back out today I carried in 3 bags of corn about a 2 mile walk and in the mud too. Thought I would have to call for air support to fly me out.
              You need one of those deer sleds. I used a piece of a old plastic pool and pulled the corn on it. Makes it alot easier....

Comment

Both sides are good. But there still aren't any deer out there

Comment

Man up Justin . I've been doing it for years (and now I get younger guys like you to carry it for me ).

Frame pack is the way to go. And one 50# at a time and you will travel faster than all three at once. And get a better cardio work out too .

As for side of lake, I like the Johnson County side, except ya cant hunt there any more

And I try not to leave any trace as to where I lay my corn down to keep other people from tracking to it and hunting it for me.
                  Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-24-2009, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Justin you should have come by the house and borrowed the deer dollie. Well I am heading out at 3:30 in the morning to Kansas. Hope to have some awesome footage. As for which side of the lake to hunt... Bosque is in my opinion pretty good..... less hunters on that side. Eric you changed your mind on hunting in the mud this year.

Comment

Hi TG when will you start duck hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
                        Eric you changed your mind on hunting in the mud this year.
                        NOPE

Comment

Hey Sam. How you been? I appreciate you coming out and getting the air straightened out. Hope to see you out there this year.

Comment

Hi Sam!. Good to see you post . I've already started huntinng ducks: teal ducks . And will put the smack on them come the late season.

I wish these darn pesky deer would leave me alone. Two more came to check on me this morning while I was giving a Lake Whitney virgin dove hunting lessons. I shot a full box this morning, and zero birds for me . Couldn't beleive it. I even missed a bird in a tree . he did nail 4. Maybe he will post on here soon. A regular long time TBHer, and well versed archer, and former PSE filed staff . He tried to talk me out of some of my premir deer spots, so I showed him some other places to go besides mine . Yall are all safe too . But he does stand a pretty good chance of bagging a deer.

Time to clean my shotgun so I can hit something with it again

Comment

what is the rule on doe on the public land?

Comment

and thanks for the help with the stand situation I have already made the call.

Comment

Working...
                                X