Our 2023 TPWD Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post

Agree with this. I?m good with kids getting first crack, but I will say the last two times we went to Fairfield we were directly after two youth hunts, and hardly anyone killed anything. Don?t take my money and then bring me out there after it got shot up twice in the 7 days before I?m coming. At least spread them out a couple weeks.

Went to Lake Mineral Wells on one hunt, I will not apply for that again. 3 days, assigned blinds, never saw one deer. Personnel claimed they had been throwing out corn for 2 weeks but it
    was not evident. I mean, I don't NEED corn but when you say you do something, then actually make a go of it.
    As for assigned blinds, I've had good and bad luck with them. I prefer hunts that do compartment hunts. At least you can actually hunt in that situation and not have to just
    sit and HOPE you see something to shoot at.

Comment

[QUOTE=tdwinklr;n26542059]

Went to Lake Mineral Wells on one hunt, I will not apply for that again. 3 days, assigned blinds, never saw one deer. Personnel claimed they had been throwing out corn for 2 weeks but it
      was not evident. I mean, I don't NEED corn but when you say you do something, then actually make a go of it.
      As for assigned blinds, I've had good and bad luck with them. I prefer hunts that do compartment hunts. At least you can actually hunt in that situation and not have to just

I applied for this one this upcoming season, but noticed TPWD shows it beginning December 11, 2023 after a morning orientation that day and ending at 6 pm December 12, 2023.
      The success rate is stated at 75%, which is great, but I wish it would last longer. 1475 applying for 7 spots last year according to the TPWD online brochure.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post

The staff at that park are good eggs. They almost certainly did feed as they said, but sometimes they just don't come out in daylight...

Comment

Working...
        X