Newton County Public FYI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newton County Public FYI

For those that hunt Newton County Archery Public otherwise known as T2. It all goes away August 31st. TTG aka Crown Pine has decided to not renew contract with the state.
    Sad day for us bowhunters

Your third thread on similar topic, give up your sources.

Comment

I really hope you're wrong. I gave up one of my leases to hunt there this season

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, I was hoping to try it this year.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey, heard it from a solid source. When I talk to TTG, I will know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
            Hey, heard it from a solid source. When I talk to TTG, I will know for sure.

Comment

Assuming this is true, I wonder what their reason is.

Comment

State is probably cheap and they can make the property a better revenue stream

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  Assuming this is true, I wonder what their reason is.
                  Money

Comment

They'll make more money at their current rates then the tax write off they get for allowing it to be public land. Anyone that leases it the first year will probably have trouble with the locals that treat it like their personal property.

Comment

It’s true. It will be leased out.

Comment

Aren't Crown property leases put out for bid on their leasing system? It should show up there I would think.

Comment

Unfortunately, I think you might be right. I kinda figured this would start happening when I saw a piece of public right off 87 sold a while back and heard it was subdivided.

Comment

With inflation, State can't keep up with the market. Their budgets are set and adjusted ahead of time. Crown saw what was available and how they could control the access better and chose the logical path. Can't fault them for it. I've often thought of leasing one of their smaller holdings just to have a place to go.

With respect to people hunting this fall, I think, unless it is written otherwise in the lease agreement, that Crown would be responsible for policing access. Lesee has a right to quiet enjoyment. Lessor must defend that right.

Either way, I would think hard before leasing the first year.

We're going to see more of this. I've spent a lot of time trying to come up with a new model for public hunting access. The best I can think of is contracted leases with property owners, secured by the state, and a public draw at market costs which needs to be enough to pay for the leases, draw and member management.

Maybe some type of creative revenue bond to get it started. Dunno. It's a tough nut to crack.

Comment

If it's true when do yall want to talk about the bucks that roam around out there?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X