Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 pt that another hunter took from a group hunt I led this past fall at LBJ.Click image for larger version

Name:	b2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	23821006

97 LBJ buck, and the only one I have ever had mounted
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PC143682 (Small).JPG
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	23821013

Hoards Creek Lake A.C.E. 1994

Name:	Welcome to the fire.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	23821017

91 Whitney Doe

2006 duo form an A. C.E. project

Name:	Dwayne Joe Ozona-Dwayne doe 3 009rs.JPG
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	23821014

Mid 90's buck harvest

Name:	pigtrap.jpg
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	24721511

Comment

Froggy is right

Comment

Game on grasslands

There's only one buck, one doe, one hen and one gobbler left on the grasslands. We tie em up, move them to different units to confuse ya'll.

If you find em, they are stump broke. Have fun and leave some for the other guy.

Comment

Coots at Sunrise (my boot toe in lower right)

[ATTACH]14150[/ATTACH]

Buck that walked under my tree in 95, found in 2003, 20" from g2 to g2 tip
          [ATTACH]14149[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14148[/ATTACH]

ACE hog 2005
          [ATTACH]14152[/ATTACH]

LBJ mass
          [ATTACH]14153[/ATTACH]

West Texas Deer Hunt (and my screen saver)

Name:	Trent - Prac 4r.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	24721513

Comment

If you find em please no pics unless they happen to be riding a bicycle!

Comment

Originally posted by txairbear View Post
              If you find em please no pics unless they happen to be riding a bicycle!

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                There's only one buck, one doe, one hen and one gobbler left on the grasslands. We tie em up, move them to different units to confuse ya'll.

If you find em, they are stump broke...........
                Froggy, would you send me a schedule please?

Comment

Good Advice I can handle it.

I been fighting for living for 35 years. Go check it out. Click here also click here

Discussion boards are breeding ground for cowards to bite off more than they chew.

Tool

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  You're kidding me right. I'm relatively new to this site, but I joined because of the integrity and comradery of everyone here. Giving out info regarding public hunting is sacred ground as far as I'm concerned. I don't mind sharing a little, but you gotta play the game. I've never deer hunted at LBJ, but have taken many turks there the last several years. There are definitely more hunters(and not good or experienced ones) that are using it more and more. They have a right to use it like everyone else, but it seems like morals, tradition, and common courtesy are at a minimum these days. Hunting is a way of life for many on here and a way to get away and enjoy the peacefulness of the outdoors and get away from the stresses of everyday lives that we lead for others. That shouldn't be compromised because somebody wants to "wear the patch." I've also duck hunted out there(sorry guys) and had as many as three groups set up on me on a 1 acre tank when I was there at 3 am. Ridiculous. Toolmaster, pick your battles carefully!!!!!!!

Comment

Toolmaster,
                    I'm not challenging you to a duel, just simply asking you to please be careful what and who you say it to regarding public hunting. I think that's the jist of everyone's concern. As far as your article, I have no idea what, when, or where it's all about. Hopefully, you will consider the consequences that will take its toll on the Grasslands when and if you publish this article. You used to could shoot ducks all season long at LBJ until an article was published in Outdoor Life about the duck hunting at LBJ. After that, everyone and their kazoos pretty much ruined as far as I'm concerned. Can you give some insight as to the contents and focus of this article?

Comment

ahh that explains alot, thx

Comment

Thanks again for your advice. Your right however...

The artcile will not be specific to any area and the real facts will be researched and stated. There might be two photos and and 1 page or two in the article. The magazine has limited exposure due to the fact it has only two issues so far. Even if the artcile doesn't happen or if it does there will be more hunters regardless just from the facts these hunters already stated. Truth is these guys want to argue and provoke a fight. You are not one of them. I appreciate your concerns and opinions. I will be honest about the work it takes to successful out at the Grasslands and will probably discourage those who don't do their homework and leg work. I would hate to mention this site and the specifuc hunters that don't have boundries or manners in the article. There is good and bad press I prefer the good.

Tool

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        Toolmaster,
                        I'm not challenging you to a duel, just simply asking you to please be careful what and who you say it to regarding public hunting. I think that's the jist of everyone's concern. As far as your article, I have no idea what, when, or where it's all about. Hopefully, you will consider the consequences that will take its toll on the Grasslands when and if you publish this article. You used to could shoot ducks all season long at LBJ until an article was published in Outdoor Life about the duck hunting at LBJ. After that, everyone and their kazoos pretty much ruined as far as I'm concerned. Can you give some insight as to the contents and focus of this article?

Comment

Bob's wrong

Bob must be looking in the mirror.

Tool

Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
                          I had heard about a guy who shot a deer recently from a vehicle too, but did not have first hand knowledge. So I let it be. Word travels fast in the grasslands. Tool, I hope Bob misunderstood your conversation, and that it was not you.

We ALL own the grasslands, its called tax dollars. Everyone has a right to it. It is public land governed by the Feds. But the Feds can always restrict it or take it away anytime they want to. None of us have any notion that we alone have entitlement to it. We have just seen what the explosion in run and gun hunters has done out there. Not what resposible hunters are doing, but the ones who abuse the land are doing. Those are the ones the landowners dislike, but we ALL get thrown in the mix together. Ranchers have had their cattle shot, people are road hunting more. The unfortunate thing is that over the years the landowners all around the grasslands have had to deal with hunters who disrespected their land, tresspassed, and basically showed their ***. A majority do not like hunters. Others still wave when they pass by, or stop to talk. We try to nurture that.

But no one in this group goes outside the law, nor are we disrespectful to the landowners. Bob lost a nice 10-12 point a couple of years back. He shot it and it jumped the fence onto private land, and Bob went to the mans house and asked permission to retrieve his deer which was within 100 yards of the fence. The guy said "hell no" and "get off my land". I think the deer sat there a bit.

Tool, not everybody is out of step here but Johnny. You are wrong in most of your ASSUMPTIONS. From what I gather, you have already got a reputation on TBH as one who enjoys stirring stuff up. All within 64 posts. That won't last long on here, I assure you. The mods will not allow it. None of us agree all the time. But the aggressive, in your face attitutude, is not what we are about here on TBH. Not once has anyone attacked or said anything negative about your work, pics, or your passion. On TBH most everyone is glad to see new people come onboard. Some have stayed and positivley contributed, others are gone. Just chill out dude, and enjoy the websight.

This subject is very sensitive as you can tell.

I do hope that your article is pro hunter, I have my doubts from what you have posted. I hope that I am wrong. It seems that your story is aiming to expose the area, and to attract more hunters to the North Texas area. This would increase the lease prices for the landowners, I can see where they would like that. I kind of figure that you are being compensated for your work. Just an observation. Again I may be wrong.

Dave in Denton

Comment

I am done.

Have a great weekend ya'll.

Dave in Denton

Comment

I'm done also, making a drive with pea gravel is killing me, I aint got time to argue anymore on here. (wait state my opinion I mean)

Hey Dave didn't Kung Fooy teach us how to kill a person with one or 3 hits. LOL Raise, aim and pull trigger...LOL j/k

I hope you guys have fun this weekend as I am going to be shoveling pea gravel. I need at least 4 to 6 yards of the stuff and I can only get 1/4 a yard at a time in my pick up.

Thanks Tool Master for the PM email.

Comment

See ya'll, I am out of here for the weekend!!!

Tool, good luck with your project bud. It's all good as long as we all get outdoors.

I am out of here.

Dave in Denton

Comment

Working...
                                X