Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Lake Amistad 22-23 Hunting Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    Too hot! Lol

Besides, it's fishing season and that means salty salt and sand in the crack.

Todays haul, 15 miles out of south padre island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh man that's awesome, you're doing it right!

The weather was weird over the weekend but we got a few at fish camp.
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh man that's awesome, you're doing it right!

The weather was weird over the weekend but we got a few at fish camp.

Nothing wrong with that box!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So they keeping the lake drained until October again this year?

Comment

So they keeping the lake drained until October again this year?
            If so i could walk over to unit 4…lol

Comment

Lake is actually higher this year compared to last year…. Here is a link to a chart that compares water level over the past few years…

Amistad Reservoir Water Level including historical chart

Comment

Be out there in a few weeks, will do a bit of hiking around checking it out

Comment

Originally posted by osochuck View Post
                  Be out there in a few weeks, will do a bit of hiking around checking it out
                  Have you had a chance to walk out ny of the areas? I was thinking of hiking some spots these coming weekend.

Comment

Hiked and sat for a bit in one area, lots of dried out grasses even the cactus look sad, no poop from anything along the trails, only saw grasshoppers and birds.

i will try a spot tomorrow on a prairie up by the lake early go for a sit & fish afterwards

Comment

Those deer are pretty easy to hunt when it's dead and dry. I'm not hoping it stays that way, but should be a good season if so.

Comment

It was like this last year before an extremely wet August/September… hope we get at least some rain to produce some forage for them skinny deer

Comment

Man it may be too late for that. Last year they were trying to find tiny single blade sprouts in mud flats out by the water, freaking sad. We'd go look where they were browsing and there's just nothing there but a chewed off sprout every ten feet or so. At least I know where they'll be I guess.

Comment

Somebody was watching me getting skunked at the lake. This buck was like nope I aint getting up, tooo **** hot! Still finding big carp, Will try bowfishing next time.

Comment

Not sure what times you are able to get out there but if possible try some top water lures. If you can get out around sun up or sun down, try casting top waters out to any wood or vegetation coming out of the water.

Comment

Working...
                              X