matador anterless in December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

matador anterless in December

I just sent my money for an Matador antlerless hunt permit for Matador (Dec 17-21 ).

Super excited to be able to walk in there with a rifle in my hands instead of a shotgun. I've been hunting matador for many years with bird dogs, its easily my favorite wma. Hoping to learn a thing or two more about the place and hopefully go home with a little meat at the same time. Any other TBH'ers going?

Any one from the green screen on this hunt?

Comment

If you’ve quail hunted it before, I bet you can find a few does to shoot…
      Huntin dogs have spooked up many and I’ve seen many in my adventures chasing birds there. Feel free to pm me i know the place pretty well.

Curiosity only, how many points you have to draw it?

Comment

I’ m hoping to harvest a doe or two no doubt. I was blessed to draw this one with 4 points.

Comment

My son and I drew this hunt 5 years ago. We had to cut our hunt short but really enjoyed our time there. I've been applying for every hunt available at Matador since then but haven't been lucky enough to draw again. We hunted the OX pasture and seen tons of sign.

Comment

I’ve been drawn 3 times with good luck. Lots of critters but have to keep an eye out not to pop a mule deer doe. Best luck I’ve seen is to walk and bump if you are able to and shoot off sticks and like mileage. All units can pay off, but sitting still won’t get you there quickly.

Comment

Working...
            X