Roger Fawcett WMA Youth Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger Fawcett WMA Youth Hunt

My 9 year old son drew this antlerless hunt today...has anyone hunted there? Looking for both hunting and lodging tips

thanks!

Which hunt did y’all draw? My son just got picked on the 2nd draw for the 11/19-11/20 hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Phoritz, that's just a little more than a jog from your house. I drove out there before it opened. I'll be curious to know what it's like. I may go out and hunt dove weekend next just to look around.

Comment

Originally posted by Italianxbowuser View Post
        My 9 year old son drew this antlerless hunt today...has anyone hunted there? Looking for both hunting and lodging tips

thanks!
        I think mineral Wells is best bet for lodging. There is a campground on the Brazos at I20. There's also the state park in mineral Wells..

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
          Phoritz, that's just a little more than a jog from your house. I drove out there before it opened. I'll be curious to know what it's like. I may go out and hunt dove weekend next just to look around.
          yeah it is nice and convenient. Our favorite little fishing spot is right below the Lake Palo Pinto dam on Palo Pinto Creek so me and the boys have been up in that area a lot. Actually it is kind of a sentimental area for me as that spot was the last place my dad took me fishing before he unexpectedly passed away when I was 15. It's probably only a mile as the crow flies from the back end of the wma to our fishing spot. I've driven by the wma several times and didn't even realize it until I looked at a map a couple of days ago. Looks like a nice ranch entrance along the hwy and not a WMA unless they've changed it recently.

Comment

Working...
          X