Angelina Neches Dam B- Anyone Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angelina Neches Dam B- Anyone Hunt

Never really remember seeing reading many post about the area, did a search and did not find much. Back on public land this year and was looking for other options than the Sam Houston NF.

This looks like a good 3 day trip maybe twice during the season. Once during bow, other riffle. What should be know about the area. Good camping? Any stores, let's hear them.

I'd be more inclined to go to the DC versus any of the others personally.

Comment

I thought about that, but the lease the last 5 years was out in Pennington/Lovelady right near there and was looking for a change of location. Easttxbowman, do you recommend DC over Angelina for quality of hunting?

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I hunt it several times every season. There are some primitive camping spots on the Angelina if you are using a boat to get around in. If you are on foot you can get to some of the land via Martin Dies SP. I would suggest bringing a boat if you have one. I've been hunting there since I was 13 and have killed my fair share of deer and hogs. Just like any other public land, the farther off the beaten path you can get the better.

Comment

I'll be out there this weekend. Still undecided if I'm going to chase limb rats around or take the bow and climber.

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
              I'll be out there this weekend. Still undecided if I'm going to chase limb rats around or take the bow and climber.
              Good luck. I do not think it’s a good fit for me sans boat

Comment

Working...
              X