Congratulations!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
      Three more days! Hagerman 2023!!!!!

NICE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
        Nice congratulations that's a heck of a deal.

Used to be that if you shot two hogs the same way, you got a golden ticket also. It was in hopes of more hogs being shot. I don't know if that is still in effect.

Comment

How many points do you have to have to get drawn for the H

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
            How many points do you have to have to get drawn for the H
            used to be about 3 on average. since the state has been doing the draw for only 2 years there is no telling what the average will be.

Before it averaged less than 900 applicants for roughly 250 spots. Now it is the entire state applying for the same number of spots. Bad odds for sure

Comment

Durn that makes since as to why I haven't gotten drawn yet lol. One of these days.

Comment

150 spots drawn so basically 50/Segment

Comment

I had 3 points. So did another guy. So, its possible!!! I bet I wont be able to get drawn again for another 10 years tho, but I bet I can take my son with me next time. That would be an absolute blast.

Comment

Congrats sir!

Comment

congrats ctom

BlessedVeteran0305 the refuge encourages taking does. Only able to do it on first hunt, when he hunts next year he can kill a doe but no free pass to year 3

Comment

You used to could get consecutive golden tickets but they did away with over 5 years ago, there were a few locals that racked up 8 or 9 tickets in a row. They also used to give golden tickets for 2 feral pigs, got the free pass back when that was in effect.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                          I had 3 points. So did another guy. So, its possible!!! I bet I wont be able to get drawn again for another 10 years tho, but I bet I can take my son with me next time. That would be an absolute blast.
                          That's what I said when I drew 2yrs ago. Then this yr I got in on a 2nd draw. I fully expect it to be 10yrs if I get to hunt there again, but each year there is a chance

Comment

With the new draw system:

Do you have a better chance selecting "any"
                            as opposed to ranking your session choices?

Comment

Well...
                              Just a bit over 33hrs in a tree, a few deer seen up close.
                              One maybe I shoulda shot, but I had to think about and then it was too late. Another will be real big in a year or two if he gets the chance. One doe got close Friday, but no shot as she walked straight away with a buck on her tail. One other doe took a turn 45yds out in the last hour. Saw a few others, including a big bodied deer 100yds away as time ran out. Also had a group of pigs, I feel bad about not sticking one but didn't want to make all the ruckus. So, no tags filled, but a few good memories and good time in nature. I am thoroughly exhausted, but also energized in an odd way. Hope I get the chance to do it again.....

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                                With the new draw system:

Do you have a better chance selecting "any"
                                as opposed to ranking your session choices?
                                I would assume no, since there are 3 segments and you get 3 choices. Either way you select all three.
                                Last edited by ctom87; 11-20-2022, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X