Drawn for Private Lands Hopkins County Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawn for Private Lands Hopkins County Ranch

My dad and I just got the notification we were drawn for Private Lands Hopkins County Ranch Either Sex.

Has anyone ever been drawn for one of these hunts? Any details?

i looked for threads on the private lands hunts last night and didnt see much, didnt spend a lot of time looking. i am interested as well, even though i didnt draw.

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
      i looked for threads on the private lands hunts last night and didnt see much, didnt spend a lot of time looking. i am interested as well, even though i didnt draw.

good luck
      Same. I have scoured google and tbh, and I have not found ANY information.

Comment

It looks like this is only the 2nd year they have hosted a hunt. Last year during their antlerless only hunt they had 4 hunters with a 75% success rate and during the either sex hunt they had one group of two hunters with a 50% success rate.

It sounds like you have a good chance at shooting something.

Comment

I was drawn for Lasalle county myself, couldn’t find much about the private lands hunts either.

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
            My dad and I just got the notification we were drawn for Private Lands Hopkins County Ranch Either Sex.

Has anyone ever been drawn for one of these hunts? Any details?
            Have you accepted the permits and received the location info packet via Email yet? I drew Private Ranch Travis County and received my information packet via email already. My Grandparents lived in Hopkins County, I was curious about where the Ranch was at!

Comment

It’s the Petree ranch in Cumby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I grew up 7 miles west of Cumby, not familiar with that ranch. We’re getting more and more deer in this area, should be a good hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
                  I grew up 7 miles west of Cumby, not familiar with that ranch. We’re getting more and more deer in this area, should be a good hunt.

Good to hear! It’s a 92 acre place off of Hwy 275. We haven’t hunted north of Tyler ever so it should be a neat hunt to see new terrain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Raise in Hopkins county and have worked EMS for 25 years here. Never heard of the place. If its south on 275 the chance of seeing a stud is there. North on 275 might get you close to the river and you never know what you will see there. I have looked at onX but cant find anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X