Laguna Atascosa NWR 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
    Really, then I'm wondering and very curious who you are talking about-- would be nice if he would post tips on here
    As stated before, he doesnt post much on here much less give tips online. Ive met him and other lanwr vets know who he is. I'm just curious if he got drawn this year or not.

Comment

Are game cameras allowed?

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post

I have never read anything against game cams on their regulations

Comment

Has anyone ever hunted unit 4?

Comment

They are if you don't get caught

Comment

Haven’t read the regs this year, but this was the rule when I was there 2 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So, does that mean just don't use them at night

Comment

Finally got drawn for Laguna after 4 years and two years of living down in the valley. Excited to get out for the deer hunt on 11-4.

Comment

Originally posted by m10 View Post
                    Lol we think alike

Comment

Quite a few people did last year which was the first year it was open.

Comment

Any info on Aransas WMA for archery?

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                          Haven’t read the regs this year, but this was the rule when I was there 2 years ago.

The rule in this year's reg doesn't specify game cams as the previous years did. It says, "Prohibited Activities: Use of artificial lights to locate, observe, or take animals; and the use of drones or aircraft."

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                            I just wish they'd let you access the refuge from the park instead of having to drive the entire way around!
                            Agree.... doesn't make sense to me either.

Comment

I hunted 4 last year. Me and my buddy thought we'd gett away from all the other hunters by rowing across the river and going in deep....lol...we were not the only ones with that idea. I probably saw more people there then I ever have at other units I have hunted. Saw a big blue bull headed right towards my buddy in the brush, then out if nowhere another hunter slung an arrow our there with his lighted nock, missed and scared the big bull away. Turned out, they were hunting right on top of each other. Also watched several hunters walk around unsuccessfully with bow in hand while I sat on a heavily worn trail. In one of the open areas I could see(with my binoculars) a hunting party cleaning a downed Nilgai. Saw some Nilgai and a couple of deer myself but couldn't get one anywhere near close enough for a shot. After about the 2nd day....the animals seemed spooked from all the pressure. Not sure if I will hunt that area again or not this year when we go in December....still contemplating it.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                                No, that's not who I'm talking about. The "Laguna Legend" doesnt post here much but he knows more about lanwr than probably anyone alive. He taught Mr Public a few things about lanwr.

I’m curious, what did he teach me?

Comment

Working...
                                X