No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa NWR 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soak all of your clothes in Permethrin the week before you hunt and you will never have a tick on you. I have four hunts in LANWR, not a single tick on me.

Comment

Originally posted by ppeeks59 View Post
      Soak all of your clothes in Permethrin the week before you hunt and you will never have a tick on you. I have four hunts in LANWR, not a single tick on me.
      Been to Laguna 4 times and have had ticks on me every time. I soak my clothes before packing to come down there and would reapply every night once we got back to the house. Still got em on me

Comment

Laguna Atascosa NWR 2022-23

Y’all just need more Advantix! That or maybe soak down in 7dust like we used to do dogs when I was a kid [emoji2357].

On a dead serious note, one of the things I do to avoid ticks, (this should prove how much I hate them) that significantly helps with seed ticks…

Shave every piece of skin that’s covered by clothing. Ticks need fur to latch on to. Plus, they’re dang sure easier to remove that way, without being too graphic.

Just don’t do it too soon, or you’ll have stubbles by then [emoji23] Sounds weird I know, but I figure it beats wearing panty hose like I’ve seen suggested in previous years!
        Last edited by Kirby86; 12-12-2022, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Anybody shave their head to avoid them on the scalp?

Comment

I sprayed permethrin and didn’t get any ticks. Treated clothes the night before and hung to try. Chiggers yes but no ticks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
              Y’all just need more Advantix! That or maybe soak down in 7dust like we used to do dogs when I was a kid [emoji2357].

On a dead serious note, one of the things I do to avoid ticks, (this should prove how much I hate them) that significantly helps with seed ticks…

Shave every piece of skin that’s covered by clothing. Ticks need fur to latch on to. Plus, they’re dang sure easier to remove that way, without being too graphic.

Just don’t do it too soon, or you’ll have stubbles by then [emoji23] Sounds weird I know, but I figure it beats wearing panty hose like I’ve seen suggested in previous years!
              Brazilian wax places are going to be lined up with a bunch of hairy TBHers now!

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                Brazilian wax places are going to be lined up with a bunch of hairy TBHers now!
                I can't afford it, they'll charge me extra.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  I can't afford it, they'll charge me extra.
                  Maybe we can try and set up a group session for a rate discount.

Comment

lmao Laguna spa and scouting day.

Comment

If I have to get waxed, we’ll need all the candles in Mexico just to do my arse. Don’t have much hair on my head but if I drop my pants, I’ll never lose a battle hahaha

Comment

Rain chances are picking up for us this weekend. Ugh!

Comment

yup, all that rain is gonna be brutal. yall should probably stay home...

Comment

Headed down the 6th. Last trip down we hunted unit 5 the entire time. Anyone like 5? I would sure like to hunt the north end of 3 and come in from the campground.

Comment

Heading down tomorrow. This will be the first time for me (other than the February Bahia Grande unit hunt) that temps won't be pushing high 80s -- I don't care at all if it's wet, as long as all the moisture drenching me isn't entirely my own sweat from that heat!

Comment

do you guys know where we get a TPWD vehicle permit? I can't find it anywhere in the information that was sent..

Comment

Working...
                                X