No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa NWR 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys. Hunting 12/16-20 this year, the latest ever (other than in Bahia Grande unit). Looking forward to hunting in cooler weather than in the past November hunts. How is the standing water situation? Last year the Mrs. crossed a knee-deep swamp with me in an area where there was only dry ground in 2020 (she was a VERY good sport about it, but asked me to avoid taking her through swamps on scouting day this time).

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
      Are boats legal? The Prohibited Activities list: Use of, or hunting from, any type of watercraft or floating device.

Did anyone notice they list you can't use an electric cart or wagon? That's interesting considering you can use an electric bicycle.
      I was curious about the watercraft and electric carts as well! What is an electric cart?

Comment

I’m betting they’re restricting electric golf cart type vehicles.

Comment

There's motorized carts that look kinda like wheel barrows, seen them on some other sites here or there.

Watercraft or floating device would probably include kayaks as well.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            I'm considering bringing my rig out there for boat access but not sure we want to target that area necessarily. Any recommendations? We're January crew.

I’m considering it. Just curious to see how many folks will be planning on hunting unit 4. If too many I’ll likely put the boat back on the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
              I’m considering it. Just curious to see how many folks will be planning on hunting unit 4. If too many I’ll likely put the boat back on the trailer.

When you gonna be out there? We’ll be out in January.

Our group talked about scoping out Unit 4, mainly just because I want to see the actual area, but not sure I want to mess with my boat and the salt and All that on a hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by deerslay3r View Post
                Anyone need a bike setup for their Laguna hunt? I have one that comes with a pull behind kid cart, slimed tires with puncture proof strip installed that I used for my hunt last week. I will meet in the Austin area if so
                Sounds alot like my set up. My trailer was origionally a kid cart.

Comment

I'm considering bringing my rig out there for boat access but not sure we want to target that area necessarily. Any recommendations? We're January crew.
                  Any luck with the fish out at Amistad this fall?

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                    When you gonna be out there? We’ll be out in January.

Our group talked about scoping out Unit 4, mainly just because I want to see the actual area, but not sure I want to mess with my boat and the salt and All that on a hunt.

Dec- I can already imagine the mud and sand covering my boat from it, hopefully some blood too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
                      Dec- I can already imagine the mud and sand covering my boat from it, hopefully some blood too.

Coming up soon! Good luck man.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
                        Any luck with the fish out at Amistad this fall?
                        Only my big kid fished this trip last week, he caught some bass but nothing special. I'd brought a bunch of noodle juglines but didn't put them out because the weather was misty and gross all week. We pulled three more deer outa there last week though so it was a successful trip. Should've been 4 but wife has a buck fever monkey she's gotta get off her back. We actually had Thanksgiving on Wednesday in camp because she had to split to work on Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
                          I’m betting they’re restricting electric golf cart type vehicles.
                          Yep, no motorized vehicles unless you have the handicap placard and apply for it. and then, I believe it is only authorized in unit 2 on that road that goes from hard top up to unit 3.

Comment

Such a sweet rig! Think I’ve seen you share it in Amy thread. [emoji109][emoji1018]

Comment

Originally posted by mgperez View Post
                              Such a sweet rig! Think I’ve seen you share it in Amy thread. [emoji109][emoji1018]

Yes sir, I love that thing it's a really great all around hunting and general bafoonery platform. It's sitting out back with the deck stained blood waiting for a good rain right now. It's hauled deer, hogs, ducks, fish, aoudad, lumber, 4 wheelers, duck blinds, bikes, full camp setups, fire pits, you name it. I'd love to add Nilgai to that list.

Comment

Yes sir, I love that thing it's a really great all around hunting and general bafoonery platform. It's sitting out back with the deck stained blood waiting for a good rain right now. It's hauled deer, hogs, ducks, fish, aoudad, lumber, 4 wheelers, duck blinds, bikes, full camp setups, fire pits, you name it. I'd love to add Nilgai to that list.

There's only one way to do that, you must bring that "good luck charm" down to Laguna

Comment

Working...
                                X