No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa NWR 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ended the day seeing 9 nilgai myself and my dad saw 3. I got to full draw on a cow at 45 yards but she picked me off and took off.

Comment

Ended seeing 4 Nilgai and a doe. Nilgai got within 85 yds then turned the other way.
      Did anyone see the board tonight?

Comment

Good start seeing all the Nilgia! Someone is going to seal the deal in this group. Sure wish I was there.

Comment

Keep up the good work guys! Sounds like you are on them. Remember don’t pass something on the first day that you wouldn’t shoot on the last. It has bitten me down there. Good luck tomorrow!

Comment

Good luck to those starting it off for us

Comment

My group saw 5 Nilgai and 3 WT. 3 bulls and 2 cows, one being a nice big blue bull that was within 10y of my buddy. Came in on a trail from behind and he couldn't turn to get a shot. Had a nice mature cow close also but got busted by her. The WT were a small buck and 2 does, passed on one of the small does that gave a shot.
              All in all a very good first day.

A young bull was killed by another hunter not too far from us. I'll try and swing by the board sometime today

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dad saw a couple Nilgai and several does yesterday. I had a group of 4 Nilgai, 2 bulls and 2 cows, at 25 yards. One stopped 2 steps past my shooting window, then they saw me and busted. Saw one more Nilgai and a doe after that.

About 15 mins ago a yearling walked by so close I could touch it.

Comment

Cow down!

Comment

Originally posted by m10 View Post
                    Cow down!
                    Heck yea!!! Congrats man!

Comment

Cow down!
                      Awesome! In for pics

Comment

Cow down!
                        Congrats

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trykonroye View Post
                          Picked up a sweet little Air BNB in Los Fresnos for $61/night.

First time going on this hunt!

Do you mind sharing the house info??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bumped two Nilgai about an hr and a half ago. Only things I've seen today so far. Anyone had any luck hunting grass that looks like this? It really sucks to walk through. Looked nice and pretty on Google maps!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Lurchy; 11-05-2022, 01:39 PM.

Comment

She came out across the field from me. Maybe 400yds or so. Made a b-line right for me. Shot her at maybe 10 yds. She took a few steps and dropped. Shot was high but I hit the spine. Shout out to the state warden who stopped and helped me drag the game cart up the hill and into the bed of my truck.Click image for larger version

Name:	628B22FD-8956-4E22-9A98-D0CE71ACB7CF.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	24697080
                              Attached Files

Comment

Seems probably 20 nilgai sinc I got here yesterday. 2 WT does.

Stalked up on a cow got to 46 yards shot over her back.

Was still hunting to a spot this morning and stop to reply to a text looked up and there was a bull standing at about 20. Wasn’t ready didn’t get/have a shot

Comment

Working...
                                X