• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SLICE & DICE View Post
    11/4-11/8 - Roll Call

Wondering how much rain they got?.
    **** floater here just north of Corpus.

Good Luck everyone.

Post up if you need help packing out.
    I got just below 3/4" of rain. I live bout 35min from the refuge. I will also be out there this weekend. Scouting Thursday.

Comment

Depending on the amount of rain, bikes could be useless on anything other than the gravel roads.

Comment

I'll be there.

Comment

Good luck out there yall, hopefully that muddy mess dries up some for you.

Comment

Hey yall who have done the gun hunts:
            Did you use bipods or tripods?
            Size recommendation?

We drew the last gun hunt in January. I'm slowly collecting gear as we also have an archery hunt there in December. I hunted archery there about 2 years ago so I am vaguely familiar with landscape.

Comment

We used the taller primos tripod 24-62”. Was helpful with tall grass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does tomorrow start the first rounds of hunts?! I know it’s a scouting day though!

Comment

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post
                  Does tomorrow start the first rounds of hunts?! I know it’s a scouting day though!

Yes. 1st archery.

Comment

Sure is quiet around here for things kicking off tomorrow.

Comment

30 mph winds for Friday and storms Saturday. Think it’ll keep people home?

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                        30 mph winds for Friday and storms Saturday. Think it’ll keep people home?
                        Just a small chance Friday night. The cool weather should make for a good hunt Saturday.
                        I've been bust building someone a few deer stands and have been tied up all week and haven't gotten a chance to scout any and tomorrow isn't looking promising. I'll still be out starting Friday though.

Comment

My group will be there. Heading down in the morning. Goodluck everyone! Holler if yall need anything. I'll be checking this thread throughout the hunt. I'll try and give updates on what we are seeing.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck to this weeks hunters.

Roll call for December 2-4th rifle Deer hunters.

Comment

Looking forward to the reports!

Comment

Scouting day done. It got hot quick. Saw some promising signs. Saw several deer. Lots of Nilgai signs. Pumped for tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X