Laguna Atascosa NWR 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    Thank you, that's what I was curious about, whether people tend to get "way back" by roads and then branch off or if it was just all brush travel. Knowing that will help me studying maps and formulating a plan.
    You’ll be surprised at how many guys hunt within 50 yards of a road.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
      You’ll be surprised at how many guys hunt within 50 yards of a road.
      and see as much game as those 2 miles in

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post

Agreed, That’s the truth though. A lot of game can be spotted from the road too. How many times have you been to LANWR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been down there 4 times I believe. It is a learning experience each trip. Struck out this year though.

Comment

True! You can definitely get a shot opportunity close to he road. I did

Comment

Got lucky on the second draw so my group will be there 1/6-10. Will be our first time here so time to start researching old threads.

For those that have hunted here do you recommend a regular or fat tire bike?

Comment

Originally posted by hube06 View Post
                Got lucky on the second draw so my group will be there 1/6-10. Will be our first time here so time to start researching old threads.

For those that have hunted here do you recommend a regular or fat tire bike?

Regular if you’re pedaling

Comment

Laguna Atascosa NWR 2022-23

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                  True! You can definitely get a shot opportunity close to he road. I did

That was a lucky as it comes but you made the right decisions and executed it 100%. I’ll never forget all the whooping and hollering you did, I had to come out of the brush to see what it was all about.

Comment

I've been down there 4 times I believe. It is a learning experience each trip. Struck out this year though.

Been 4 times myself. Laguna was the best education I had at hunting public land draw hunts.
                    You’ll get it next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
                      That was a lucky as it comes but you made the right decisions and executed it 100%. I’ll never forget all the whooping and hollering you did, I had to come out of the brush to see what it was all about.

What do you mean luck, that was all skill on son

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post

So you were both setup near a road? Lol

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post

ya know...sound carries. No telling where they were

depending on the road / trail, I am not adverse to setting up close if the sign is there. But in general, I do like to get off the beaten path.

If you do set up close to the road, don't cuss folks traveling the road. Just a general statement, not pointed at ANYONE.

in the original post about setting up by the road...i was thinking county road. I have heard from folks that were parked there checking maps and such and seeing Nilgai liesurly walking from private to public and vice versa.

I'm mobility challenged(bad hip & back) but old and stuburn and go in places I shouldn't but screw it. YOLO. It may take a while a to drag an animal in, but I'll get it done. Just got to get drawn again...

Comment

Ya know, just Jackin around, Jack!

Comment

I sure was . I learned road hunting at a young age in fayette county. Skills I’ll never forget

Comment

Anybody else in the exotic/general season draws that start the 16th? As most of you probably are I’m an addict and I’ll hunt the place again if drawn with rifle. Semi bittersweet, drew the archery deer tag solo but would kill to draw general deer or exotic with my dad and brother.

Comment

Working...
                                X