Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elephant Mountain or Matador Archery Mule Deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elephant Mountain or Matador Archery Mule Deer?

Got drawn for 2 of the best wma’s in the state for archery me duke deer this year, only problem is they’re the same week. Any opinions on which to pick?

Same week or same days? I would take the whole week off and hunt them both

Comment

Send me a copy of your DL and i'll go hunt the one you don't go to for ya lol

Comment

Man you are one lucky dog! I think in that situation I'm going Matador.

Comment

Man, you are lucky. I have zero experience with Matador, but I was successful at Elephant Mountain a few years ago. Plus they gave us an Elk tag as well. I am not sure if Matador does the same or not, but you could potentially come back with 2 trophies at EM.

Comment

You drew two hunts in the same category? I didn't even know you could do that!

Comment

Both places have great deer, but no way I’d pass up Elephant Mountain. Best thing about EM is you can get some elevation and glass and then make a play on them. Also, EM has a great density of MD, so you will be seeing deer every day if you put in the work.

Comment

Why don't you take Matador so i can take Elephant Mt on the second draw?

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
                  You drew two hunts in the same category? I didn't even know you could do that!
                  I am curious about this as well. I didn't think it was possible

Comment

You can draw multiple hunts in the same category. I've drawn 2 management deer hunts 2 javelina hunts.

I would flip a coin to decide which area to hunt.

Comment

Hum....

Comment

I think it is possible but I thought as soon as you drew the first one in a category, your points reset for the rest of the draws in that category which basically means you have about a .000000001% chance of drawing mule deer.
                        Last edited by Phorizt; 08-23-2022, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
                          You can draw multiple hunts in the same category. I've drawn 2 management deer hunts 2 javelina hunts.

I would flip a coin to decide which area to hunt.
                          Was this before or after the cubing of points?

Comment

Elephant mountain is mule deer or only, matador is mule deer or whitetail so that may be why I was able to draw both

Comment

The mule deer hunts are Oct 17-20 and Oct 24-28 so they are back to back weeks. Matador whitetail is the same week as the EM MD but Matador mulie is the following week.

Comment

Working...
                              X