• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buck Smacker
    replied
    Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
    Anyone had luck with dove at The Vine?
    I was about to ask the same. Also, when new thread?

Leave a comment:

• dependfinal
    replied
    Originally posted by Grapevine USACE View Post
    Hunters: We should begin to let draw winners know the 2nd week of September who was drawn this year. As of today, no deer hunters have been notified. We have been processing the waterfowl permits only at this point. So again, 2nd week of September we will start to notify the deer hunters who won.
    2nd week of September. May I know exactly what day it is?

Leave a comment:

• Wile E.
    replied
    Fellas, what are we doing? It's a new season, we need a new thread! I'm about to start one now.

Leave a comment:

• justhrowit
    replied
    I started hunting "The Vine" in 2004. I vividly recall the disappointment when the lottery was put in place. I had never been drawn, until today!

Leave a comment:

• Aggiewelch
    replied
    Tags are starting to be issued. Too bad there are no deer.

Leave a comment:

• hooligan
    replied

Hooligan - you saying the Corps employees are turkeys or that you have seen actual turkeys around our office? LOL You are right, I have seen them in Murrell Park and around the Dam but not in the WMAs. Same with deer, no deer at the VINE!
    Don’t know any of the employees to call them turkeys! But have definitely seen some nice toms across the street from the office! If it hadn’t been business hours may have been tempted to punch a tag!

and yes, no deer at the Vine so everyone stop applying and ruining my odds!

Leave a comment:

• LukeDuke
    replied

...I have seen them in Murrell Park and around the Dam but not in the WMAs. Same with deer, no deer at the VINE!
    There you have it boys - straight from THE source!

Leave a comment:

• Grapevine USACE
    replied
    Originally posted by hooligan View Post

I've never seen any out there in the huntable areas. Kind of like turkey, see them around the corps office all the time but haven't come across em in the legal zones
    Hooligan - you saying the Corps employees are turkeys or that you have seen actual turkeys around our office? LOL You are right, I have seen them in Murrell Park and around the Dam but not in the WMAs. Same with deer, no deer at the VINE!

Leave a comment:

• hooligan
    replied
    Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
    I've never seen any out there in the huntable areas. Kind of like turkey, see them around the corps office all the time but haven't come across em in the legal zones

Leave a comment:

• troy_w_7
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Public
    replied
    Hunters: We should begin to let draw winners know the 2nd week of September who was drawn this year. As of today, no deer hunters have been notified. We have been processing the waterfowl permits only at this point. So again, 2nd week of September we will start to notify the deer hunters who won.
    Well looky there!

Thanks for the update.

Leave a comment:

• Razorback01
    replied
    Thats a tad late for folks to try to plan scouting trips and vacation.

Leave a comment:

• Texas Grown
    replied
    Thank you for the update.

Leave a comment:

• Grapevine USACE
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Double-AA
    replied
    Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post

Brother you must be living right! 3 consecutive years drawn?

Congrats!
    Faith, Family and Hunting! Everyone I've ever met on public land is living and believing the same! Just being from a State and Country where we're still allowed to pursue our passion for wildlife is a privilege and honor. We're all in the same draw and our chances are slim, but I'm thankful, if and when my number/name/email is pulled. Never give up on any property that we still have access to, not just GV. Blessings to all that are holding out for that call!

Last edited by Double-AA; 08-25-2023, 04:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X