No announcement yet.

Grapevine Hunting 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank goodness I haven’t seen a sole in the areas I’m running cams. I have found cams out there this year and I’m sure I’m on a couple as I didn’t see them until I was in view or almost in view.

The vine is extremely overgrown compared to the last time I hunted there. You can easily get lost out there. Hoping to get into some my old areas this weekend to change things up. I’ll be there Sunday for the start of the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
      Thank goodness I haven’t seen a sole in the areas I’m running cams. I have found cams out there this year and I’m sure I’m on a couple as I didn’t see them until I was in view or almost in view.

The vine is extremely overgrown compared to the last time I hunted there. You can easily get lost out there. Hoping to get into some my old areas this weekend to change things up. I’ll be there Sunday for the start of the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yea, it seems there has been less management of the landscape than in previous years where fields have been mowed, access trails groomed for overgrowth, etc.

My son and I went on a pretty slow walk after our morning sit to see if we could find a few deer and maybe put a stalk on and we stumbled across someone’s really well done scrape and branch setup with a camera, whoever’s it was it sure looked good.

Comment

As soon as I spoke up and said I didn't have anyone in my areas I get a pic on my cell cam of a guy walking around with his bow in an area. Had nothing, but pigs on that cam for 2 weeks and finally got a couple young deer on cam this morning. Hopefully it rains Sunday morning and then calms down. Planning to be out there in the afternoon. Good luck to anyone hunting this weekend! Sunday thru Thursday next week look really good for weather!

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
          As soon as I spoke up and said I didn't have anyone in my areas I get a pic on my cell cam of a guy walking around with his bow in an area. Had nothing, but pigs on that cam for 2 weeks and finally got a couple young deer on cam this morning. Hopefully it rains Sunday morning and then calms down. Planning to be out there in the afternoon. Good luck to anyone hunting this weekend! Sunday thru Thursday next week look really good for weather!
          I've got 2 cell cams out and over the past 3-4 days I've had bucks hitting scrapes. Not a ton but a few times; also one group is still bachelored up. I plan on hunting this cold front hard!

Comment

Out here now yeah scrapes and good ones.

Comment

Two does so far and a big buck went running and jumping thru the woods still in the tree

Comment

This cool weather has me excited. I won't make it out until next weekend, hopefully i can get in to something.

Comment

Had a bachelor group roll through my cameras this morning, it’s been nothing but does before today. Pretty sure the weather does have them moving.

Comment

Originally posted by JD81 View Post
                    Had a bachelor group roll through my cameras this morning, it’s been nothing but does before today. Pretty sure the weather does have them moving.
                    I'm seeing bachelor groups as well. They godda start breaking up soon!

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                      I'm seeing bachelor groups as well. They godda start breaking up soon!
                      Hopefully they stick around through the weekend, trying to get my 11yr old boy onto one!

Comment

So far I’ve seen several nice cameras and two 4 wheelers.

Comment

Originally posted by georgiaboy151 View Post
                          Four wheelers riding through or parked? Be sure you smile, wave and moon all the cameras!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Comment

Riding through

Comment

Saw a lot of deer yesterday while golfing at Cowboy's golf club, someone needs to set up just to the west of hole 17!

Comment

Originally posted by georgiaboy151 View Post
                                Careful around them 4 wheelers

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X