Grapevine Hunting 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
    I ran into another hunter that had observed a buck locked down with a doe. My cams which are over scrapes have been pretty darn quite the past 3-4 days. Maybe bucks are starting to breed and pushing does back in thick stuff, up against creeks, etc. I'm going out here shortly to scout and see if I can get into some does and start making plans that way.

I also got drawn for Hag sec C! I'm pretty pumped! I've map scouted and have 2-3 days off to go scout before hand; I'm not worried though! Hopefully it's a good hunt!
    I have one cam on a mock scrape that hasn't had much action on it in a while. It's in a funnel that I have killed a buck about this time of year before. I kicked that buck up in 2016 and came back the next morning, and he pushed the doe right back to that spot. He left his hot doe for my decoy and offered a 7 yard shot.

Another cam I have in a funnel that is close to doe bedding and it has been getting buck after buck showing up daily looking for the does. I'll be in there Friday morning hopefully intercepting one of them. I'll have my decoy in tow again.

Comment

I'm back from Laguna Atascosa, I'll be nature watching hoping for a deer to walk by in the mornings this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by georgiaboy151 View Post
        I had Hagerman Seg C last year, it was secondary rut and the most rutting activity I’ve ever seen in person. Me and my partner had several shooter bucks around but never got a shot at 1.
        I was betting on the second rut so that's very encouraging to hear! I shot my buck last year on public in December maybe I can get lucky again there! Looking forward to it immensely!

Comment

Originally posted by TX-781187 View Post
          Sat this morning not much was moving. Had a doe come in behind me at about 5 yards and blow. Then seen a good buck about 100 yards out. Then 2 does about 60. On the way out bumped a little forky.
          Sounds like a good hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
            I have one cam on a mock scrape that hasn't had much action on it in a while. It's in a funnel that I have killed a buck about this time of year before. I kicked that buck up in 2016 and came back the next morning, and he pushed the doe right back to that spot. He left his hot doe for my decoy and offered a 7 yard shot.

Another cam I have in a funnel that is close to doe bedding and it has been getting buck after buck showing up daily looking for the does. I'll be in there Friday morning hopefully intercepting one of them. I'll have my decoy in tow again.
            That's awesome! I hope you put one down! I live close and can help track/drag out! Let me know!

Comment

I have yet to see a shooter buck on the hoof, only small bucks.

Comment

I passed a doe Friday evening that was being trailed by 2 little bucks. On Saturday morning, I had trail cam video of bucks chasing a doe around 11am. I think the bucks are leaving the scrapes more and out looking for does. Another hunter I ran into this weekend said he had stalked up on a nice 8 pointed bedded with a doe. So it's definitely ramping up!

Comment

I have yet to see a shooter buck on the hoof, only small bucks.
                  The little guys are geared up. I don't think the big boys are ready to play. I would imagine this cold front coming will get them moving

Comment

Originally posted by TX-781187 View Post
                    The little guys are geared up. I don't think the big boys are ready to play. I would imagine this cold front coming will get them moving
                    I sure hope so!

Comment

When does rutting activity usually die down at Grapevine? Maybe another week or two?

Comment

I had the best buck I’ve ever seen out there on camera this week, all by his lonesome. Things are getting busy, good luck everybody!

Comment

I ran into another hunter that had observed a buck locked down with a doe. My cams which are over scrapes have been pretty darn quite the past 3-4 days. Maybe bucks are starting to breed and pushing does back in thick stuff, up against creeks, etc. I'm going out here shortly to scout and see if I can get into some does and start making plans that way.

I also got drawn for Hag sec C! I'm pretty pumped! I've map scouted and have 2-3 days off to go scout before hand; I'm not worried though! Hopefully it's a good hunt!
                          Same! A week ago I had deer all over. Then the last 3-4 days... nothing. Had a couple of bucks this morning. Hoping it changes by the time I get to get out and hunt my public land spot. First day I can hunt it is 11/16.
                          Last edited by da_pepper; 11-10-2022, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Hot dogs! There are deer out here! Rattled up a donkey of a buck about 7:15. He never presented a shot. His antlers weren’t big but that body size sure made up for it! Then a big ole fat pig came by with no shot either.

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
                              Hot dogs! There are deer out here! Rattled up a donkey of a buck about 7:15. He never presented a shot. His antlers weren’t big but that body size sure made up for it! Then a big ole fat pig came by with no shot either.
                              Those pigs are definitely there!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
                                Glad you are finally seeing something!

Comment

Working...
                                X