Clear All

.. [IMG][/IMG]Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221029-082735~2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	24696684

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Comment

I sat yesterday until 11, saw 2 pigs no deer. I set up in a new area in the dark and after I got down I realized it was so thick they could have walked 30 yards from me and I wouldn’t have seen them. Felt like a great morning for deer movement, sure they were moving somewhere. I’m still not seeing much buck sign, maybe it’s just in my area, but I haven’t seen the first scrape in 3 trips.

Comment

Originally posted by Double-AA View Post
        She gave me a 5 yard shot and Biggie didn't follow! I let her walk...

I never let a good doe walk if it's the first shot of the year. Meat first, then I can be picky if I want to be!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy3-17 View Post
          I never let a good doe walk if it's the first shot of the year. Meat first, then I can be picky if I want to be!

Yes sir, that box was check opening weekend, on Honey Grove on a small doe. I'm kicking myself today for not taken the shot. It's hard enough seeing something in the first place.

Comment

I sat last night and had 2 yearling does and a 3 pointer hang out below me for about 10 minutes browsing on leaves. I've already got a doe in the freezer and didn't want to go through the drag out hassle unless it were a big buck! Good hunt though!

Comment

Buck Sign

How much fresh buck signs are people seeing? I see old rubs but haven’t seen fresh. Time to move spots?!

Comment

Originally posted by BBQGuru View Post
                How much fresh buck signs are people seeing? I see old rubs but haven’t seen fresh. Time to move spots?!

100% time to move. Are you seeing deer on stand? Or bumping them walking in or out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BBQGuru View Post
                  I’m right there with you, I’ve seen no fresh buck sign. I have been around deer in 2 of my 3 sits, small bucks and does. I don’t know if I just am not in an area with mature bucks or they are later than I expected them to be.

Comment

Got quiet this past week. What's everyone seeing? Anyone hunting this week or weekend? Good weather coming!

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                      Got quiet this past week. What's everyone seeing? Anyone hunting this week or weekend? Good weather coming!
                      I was planning to hunt today, but sick kids kept me from it. I plan to be out there Friday morning, see how it goes then.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                        I drew Hagerman this year, so most of my efforts have been spent scouting there. Once that's over (less than 2 weeks!), I'll start heading out to the vine and see what kinda trouble I can get in to.

Comment

I'll be out Friday as well. Going to be a bit breezy, but good front pushing through. High BP this weekend too should make for a good weekend to see some deer.

Good luck at the H, Paddy! Love me some H hunting. Can't wait to get drawn again out there. Shot my biggest buck on the first morning of my hunt back in 2019. You should have it timed right if the weather they're predicting holds.

Comment

I ran into another hunter that had observed a buck locked down with a doe. My cams which are over scrapes have been pretty darn quite the past 3-4 days. Maybe bucks are starting to breed and pushing does back in thick stuff, up against creeks, etc. I'm going out here shortly to scout and see if I can get into some does and start making plans that way.

I also got drawn for Hag sec C! I'm pretty pumped! I've map scouted and have 2-3 days off to go scout before hand; I'm not worried though! Hopefully it's a good hunt!

Comment

Sat this morning not much was moving. Had a doe come in behind me at about 5 yards and blow. Then seen a good buck about 100 yards out. Then 2 does about 60. On the way out bumped a little forky.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                                I ran into another hunter that had observed a buck locked down with a doe. My cams which are over scrapes have been pretty darn quite the past 3-4 days. Maybe bucks are starting to breed and pushing does back in thick stuff, up against creeks, etc. I'm going out here shortly to scout and see if I can get into some does and start making plans that way.

I also got drawn for Hag sec C! I'm pretty pumped! I've map scouted and have 2-3 days off to go scout before hand; I'm not worried though! Hopefully it's a good hunt!
                                I had Hagerman Seg C last year, it was secondary rut and the most rutting activity I’ve ever seen in person. Me and my partner had several shooter bucks around but never got a shot at 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X