APHP or Limited Use Permit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APHP or Limited Use Permit

I'm fixing to buy my license for the coming season. I ran across a question that I can't find an answer to on the TPWD Website. So what better place to ask than the public hunting page on TBH!

If I get The Annual Public Hunting Permit, does that supersede the Limited Use Public Permit? Say for camping or something not hunting related, would the APHP cover that stuff as well?

I don't need both do I?

Thanks y'all!

Aph covers camping, hiking, fishing and hunting. You just need the aph.

Comment

APH will cover you for all of it.

Comment

Thanks! I knew it probably would but wanted to confirm! TBH ROCKS!

Comment

How and where do you use the APH permit for camping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
            How and where do you use the APH permit for camping?

The APH and LPU authorize you to camp on Wildlife Management Areas that allow camping. For example, you could camp at the Gus Engeling WMA as long as the area was not closed. Most areas should show a campground on their map if they allow camping.

To make things more confusing, you would not need an APH to camp at Gus Engeling if you were drawn for a special permit deer hunt, but you would need an APH to camp and squirrel hunt there.
            Last edited by bigchiefj; 08-22-2022, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
              The APH and LPU authorize you to camp on Wildlife Management Areas that allow camping. For example, you could camp at the Gus Engeling WMA as long as the area was not closed. Most areas should show a campground on their map if they allow camping.

To make things more confusing, you would not need an APH to camp at Gus Engeling if you were drawn for a special permit deer hunt, but you would need an APH to camp and squirrel hunt there.
              Good info! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post

Ah ok, now I get it. Thanks for the info. The place we hunt does not allow camping that’s why I’ve never seen it. However there is a state park 10 minutes from there.

Comment

APH covers everything, LPU permits you to enter state land and camp/hike but you can't hunt/fish, its just what is says limited. LPU is useful because its much cheaper than APH and you can use it to scout WMA's before draw hunts(yes they will ticket you if your scouting without a LPU or APH), and if you draw you don't need the APH permit anyway during the hunt period.
                  Last edited by bossbowman; 08-22-2022, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X