Official 2022-2023 LAKE WHITNEY & AQUILLA Hunting & Fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throw a rock.

I see enough hogs that I’ve stopped launching arrows at them.

Find sign, water and cover and walk with the wind in your face and you’ll find them eventually. I honestly don’t know of a single unit on either lake that doesn’t have hogs.

Right now with the grass coming up and the ground soft, they seem to be digging for what I would assume are grubs.

Comment

Sure glad to see this rain!

Comment

W lake has come up a little bit. Sitting and 5.31 feet below normal.

A lake has come up a great deal! Sitting at 2.78 feet low. Highest it's been in a while. Bet the blue-cats are get-n ready for the spawn.

Comment

He's a bot

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
            He's a bot

Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me?

Sorry, I got stuck in a loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me? Who me?

Sorry, I got stuck in a loop.

Domo Origato Mr. Roboto! [emoji880]

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                Domo Origato Mr. Roboto! [emoji880]

"You're welcome, Will Robinson".

Comment

There still be stripers, sandies, crappie, and at least one greasy slimy cat, in them waters.

Got the boat out Sunday afternoon. And tested the new Livescope out. Looking forward to my next trip!Click image for larger version

Name:	20230430_154537.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	24711481

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

There go all the 5lbers!!! You caught all the dang fish without the scope, now TPWD going to change bag limit all because of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don’t see much post of stripper fishing, so I was wondering how’s the strippers been at lake W.?

Comment

Originally posted by Deafishunter View Post
                        Don’t see much post of stripper fishing, so I was wondering how’s the strippers been at lake W.?

Better hurry! There's still a few in there. I caught two and kept one last trip. I'll be hit-n it up one more time before summer to check on the one I threw back (should be legal)! Then no more promises.

Best place to find them is between Brazos Point, and the dam.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          Better hurry! There's still a few in there. I caught two and kept one last trip. I'll be hit-n it up one more time before summer to check on the one I threw back (should be legal)! Then no more promises.

Best place to find them is between Brazos Point, and the dam.
                          Thanks! It’s been a couple of years since o went out there. Just want the fun in catching them and release. I don’t like eating strippers for some reason. But they are a lot of fun to catch.

Comment

fyi. Striper. Stripper is something else.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                              fyi. Striper. Stripper is something else.
                              I didn’t know this was a English class..

FYI, I’m assuming you are new to this generation of technology of unplanned mistakes regarding of typing word errors.
                              It’s called (typo)
                              Who cares if it was a typo. Of course you already know what the word was meant to be, and the mistake, and how it ended up like that. So no need to say it out loud to correct it.
                              Just read it, and keep it to yourself.

Thank you very much…

Comment

Well, stipers are strippers in my boat. Evertime I hooks one, it strips the line off my real.

Almost pulled my rod in last time too!

Looks like the W lake has come up to 5.18 feet below normal! Yea! On it's way up!

A lake is 2.33 feet low.

I went to Lake Pat C. last Sat afternoon to see if the ramps were deep enough to launch. That was a neg. It sits at 3.45 low. Guess I should have gone to the A lake?

Comment

Working...
                                X