Official 2022-2023 LAKE WHITNEY & AQUILLA Hunting & Fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    Does it understand English? France is a long way away to be lost.
    LOL It did. Owner was found

Comment

Nothing for me this weekend. Activity seemed to come to a complete HALT. Need to figure out why.

Comment

Opening day wasn't great for me, big dozer with a box blade come clearing the equestrian path about 10am on Saturday. Says COE sent him and he didn't know anyone was in here. There was a white F150 parked there when we got there, my Ranger and at lest another vehicle of the other that came in about 20 minutes behind us, we saw him walk past us

Comment

Beautiful morning from the ground!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice pic Jeremy. It is a nice morning to be out.

Comment

Here's a pic from last weekend. Not Whitney but if you look close I had a visitor up in the tree with me. About 15 feet

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221002_095213_copy_768x1024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	575.9 KB
ID:	24693442

Then he just became rude...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221002_095338_copy_1024x1199.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	693.5 KB
ID:	24693443

I tried to get him to jump to the tree but he decided to bite the big one. Plopped in the leaves and took off.

Comment

Had a great morning hunt with LOTS of action! Got drawn back on a nice one and held for a while but he never presented me with a good enough shot. Easily the coolest hunt I’ve had a lake W!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                  Had a great morning hunt with LOTS of action! Got drawn back on a nice one and held for a while but he never presented me with a good enough shot. Easily the coolest hunt I’ve had a lake W!!

Sounds exciting! I just mailed in my app. for the permit. I visit family in Whitney a dozen times a year but didn’t know they had public hunting. I will have to make more trips now. I’m excited to hunt there. Any places I should avoid?

Comment

Welcome LoganAY.

There are no deer in Texas...

Good luck on Whitney.

Comment

Originally posted by LoganAY View Post
                      Any places I should avoid?

Just about all of it gets hammered nowadays. Boats help.

Just remember deer season is a marathon, not a sprint. The more mobile you are, the better!

Comment

Hope y’all have been well. Hopefully will be able to get out in the next few days for my first sit of the season. Best of luck to everyone this season. Probably doesn’t apply to many of the folks that read this, but please respect the opportunity that we have to hunt public land and try to leave no trace by packing out what you take in and respecting others in the woods. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                          Welcome LoganAY.

There are no deer in Texas...

Good luck on Whitney.

I am only hunting wascally wabbits anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                            Just about all of it gets hammered nowadays. Boats help.

Just remember deer season is a marathon, not a sprint. The more mobile you are, the better!

Sounds good, I’ll keep that in mind. I’m patient and enjoy the solitude whether animals join me or not. I have a few spots in mind and will let y’all know if I see anything.

Comment

Very nice deer sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                                Hope y’all have been well. Hopefully will be able to get out in the next few days for my first sit of the season. Best of luck to everyone this season. Probably doesn’t apply to many of the folks that read this, but please respect the opportunity that we have to hunt public land and try to leave no trace by packing out what you take in and respecting others in the woods. Cheers!
                                Welcome back to the Whitney forum ISP. I try to pick up what I see. I am, however, getting to that age when the smaller the trash the less likely I am to risk bending over. You never know when you'll get stuck that way. Probably should take a grabber with me. The young'uns make fun of it anyway so I might as well let everyone have a laugh.

Good luck this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X