How does a new draw hunt sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does a new draw hunt sound?

Anybody think a new exotic super slam hunt would fly ?

Trophy

Aoudad
    Nilgai
    Axis
    And 1 other exotic , black buck , sambar ect ???

Heck a premium aoudad hunt for 2 hunters x 3-4

I know I would apply for a super slam if a good aoudad hunt is on the menu
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 07-08-2022, 10:50 AM.

They need to open up a number of aoudad hunts and give out more permits for them. Especially properties in the trans pecos. The less exotic sheep the more hunting permits it’s a win win for everyone.

Comment

I like it

Comment

They would, but they would need more partnership with landowners and the landowners can sell privates hunt for a lot more money.

Comment

yep, sounds awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by jordan View Post
            They would, but they would need more partnership with landowners and the landowners can sell privates hunt for a lot more money.
            I wish they would really work in this, and work with area guides/outfitters.

They should have more private land hunt opportunities than what they have now. The same goes for several other categories and hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by jordan View Post
              Yep, they could leverage some LO’s to “ donate “ some aoudad hunts
              TP&W has a massive aoudad herd @ Chinati Mountains State Natural Area , and the state doesn’t have any hunting there that I know about? Waste of 39000 acres

Caprock and pal dura , devils River are the only 3 aoudad hunts , I guess some idiots would shoot a bighorn if unlimited aoudad where put on the trans pecos hunts
              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 07-08-2022, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                TP&W has a massive aoudad herd @ Chinati Mountains State Natural Area , and the state doesn’t have any hunting there that I know about? Waste of 39000 acres

This is the one that really irritates me. Get those things out of there and let’s get some native wildlife going.

Caprock and pal dura , devils River are the only 3 aoudad hunts , I guess some idiots would shoot a bighorn if unlimited aoudad where put on the trans pecos hunts

They do some silly things in the trans pecos properties that I can’t figure out. For example my brother drew big bend state park twice in three years as a youth. They said they were trying to get rid of all the aoudad, BUT you couldn’t kill an aoudad until you first killed a mule deer. What kind of rationale is that?

Comment

I've got no interest in sheep or aoudads of any kind. But the rest sound great! I'd suggest, if drawn, donating my aoudad hunt to youth or someone physically challenged.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                    Anybody think a new exotic super slam hunt would fly ?

Trophy

Aoudad
                    Nilgai
                    Axis
                    And 1 other exotic , black buck , sambar ect ???

Heck a premium aoudad hunt for 2 hunters x 3-4

I know I would apply for a super slam if a good aoudad hunt is on the menu
                    I would be down... if they would allow the winner to bow hunt. I don't put in for any of the big time TX hunts for this very reason.

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                    I wish they would really work in this, and work with area guides/outfitters.

They should have more private land hunt opportunities than what they have now. The same goes for several other categories and hunts.
                    Don't get me started. UT has thousands upon thousands of acres that they lease out. I wish these lease holders were required to offer at least some public hunting. I understand that they lease the rights to hunt it themselves or sell hunts but they should be required to start working towards some of TPWD's management goals. And those goals should be to remove more aoudad to improve habitat for mule deer, bighorn and elk.

Comment

Agreed! Some of the hunt's with exotics that the state claims they're trying to eradicate(powderhorn), only allow you to take 1 of the exotic species. If it was truly their intention to eradicate, it would be unlimited on those species just like it is on hogs. I think the dirty truth is they know that the exotics bring a lot of money from applications and that it is a cash cow for them.

Comment

Working...
                      X