No announcement yet.

Off Season Summer Prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiked a 10 mile loop Saturday morning in an area I've never been. Was hoping to catch some tracks off the main trails and follow in to some spots. Whole area was wet from the rain the day before. Only saw one very small deer track, and a few areas where the hogs had been.

I did clear out about 20 pounds of spider webs

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
      Hiked a 10 mile loop Saturday morning in an area I've never been. Was hoping to catch some tracks off the main trails and follow in to some spots. Whole area was wet from the rain the day before. Only saw one very small deer track, and a few areas where the hogs had been.

I did clear out about 20 pounds of spider webs
      NICE! Sounds like a good day in the woods, minus the spider webs. I get to a point with spider webs that they don't even affect me, I just wipe my sweaty face and clear them off. Laguna has some of the biggest spiders I've face planted into, those do give me some hibbie-jibbies, unlike crab spiders.

I'm going to go get me some miles and spider webs in this week too. I may even fork over some money to the bow shop just to shoot in air conditioning.

Comment

One place I hunted on public land all the locals had basically a cb antenna front and center of there 4 wheelers. I ask one guy what they were for…. Spider webs! Genius!

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          One place I hunted on public land all the locals had basically a cb antenna front and center of there 4 wheelers. I ask one guy what they were for…. Spider webs! Genius!

That is genius, And I’m in the market for CB antennas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally got around to shooting for the first time this year. I’m glad to see a group like this at 20yards, especially after having new limbs put on. I was shocked to see it perfectly sighted in after being disassembled.

A lot of shooting to do before the time comes.

Comment

Did 30 minutes on the stationary with an average cadence of 78-79. 52% HR in zone 3. 23% of HR in zone 4. Then got off and walked a brisk pace of 3.5 mph for 68 minutes. That's pretty fast walk-n for my short legs . 31% of HR in zone 3. And 66% of HR in zone 4.

First 1.5 hour cardio I've had in some time. Most of the others have only been around an hour. Feels good knowing I'm on the edge of getting back on the zone. I'd like to run. But having the back issues I do, high impact aerobics like that is out of the question.
              Last edited by Texas Grown; 07-27-2022, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                Did 30 minutes on the stationary with an average cadence of 78-79. 52% HR in zone 3. 23% of HR in zone 4. Then got off and walked a brisk pace of 3.5 mph for 68 minutes. That's pretty fast walk-n for my short legs . 31% of HR in zone 3. And 66% of HR in zone 4.

First 1.5 hour cardio I've had in some time. Most of the others have only been around an hour. Feels good knowing I'm on the edge of getting back on the zone. I'd like to run. But having the back issues I do, high impact aerobics like that is out of the question.

That’s a lot of cardio in my opinion. You sure you’re not a CrossFit champion or some elite athlete? Ya never know whose on the other side of the green screen!

Comment

For any College Station/Bryan TBHers reading:

I bought an annual membership to the archery range at the brand new Live Oak Archery bow shop today.

Reg price was $250.00/year

They are doing it for 1/2 off through August- $125/year compared to $15/day. Hard to pass up. Tell ‘em you read it on the green screen(they’ll have no clue what that means, rest assured [emoji28])

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
                    For any College Station/Bryan TBHers reading:

I bought an annual membership to the archery range at the brand new Live Oak Archery bow shop today.

Reg price was $250.00/year

They are doing it for 1/2 off through August- $125/year compared to $15/day. Hard to pass up. Tell ‘em you read it on the green screen(they’ll have no clue what that means, rest assured [emoji28])

That's a great deal! A little far for me. But still a great offer.

Do they have winter 5-spot leagues?

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

lool

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        That's a great deal! A little far for me. But still a great offer.

Do they have winter 5-spot leagues?

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

I don’t know what 5-spot league is, but I do know they hold some shooting leagues and classes, as well as Brazos County Archery Club. I think LOA had enough room for about 30 shooters out to 40yds.

I got the membership for the simple fact of air conditioning and I’ve never “practiced” at a range, but always some random place or my house yards.

Comment

Working...
                        X