No announcement yet.

Texas Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw a couple hunts i did not see last year so I applied. Now the waiting game starts.

Comment

Originally posted by lonestartiger01 View Post
      Such a waste of money
      Was this the guided desert bighorn hunt?

Comment

You folks that altready entered in your selections... Don't y'all realize the TPWD draw hunt system will crash next week and all will be lost

Comment

Group hunt application ?

In regards to group hunts, what happens if your group gets selected but then some in the group can’t make the hunt? Could one person go on the hunt by themselves or do you lose the permit and would it be awarded to another group?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
            In regards to group hunts, what happens if your group gets selected but then some in the group can’t make the hunt? Could one person go on the hunt by themselves or do you lose the permit and would it be awarded to another group?
            If you're drawn and pay for the permit you get to hunt even if the other group members fail to pay or they don't go to the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
              Anyone else notice the number of applicants last year for Powderhorn?? Over 10k! But, I will apply anyway. You can't get drawn if you don't apply.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
              It appears to me that the number of people applying to almost all hunts was considerably higher than last year.
              Last edited by A&M 90; 07-03-2022, 01:48 PM.

Comment

This time next year I will be retired...going to all the standby hunts every where

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                  This time next year I will be retired...going to all the standby hunts every where
                  Until your first ride back home with all your gear $100 worth of fuel and 2 wasted days of packing and travel. Standby always seems fun until you get rejected

Comment

For Powderhorn, I wouldn't be going for the WT, it would be for the Sambar. But if they do more trapping this summer, I may not apply there due to the reduction in Sambar numbers...which is their goal.
                    Um, sambar, axis, nilgai, audad, et al. are better than our natives, we want exotics tpwd! Lol

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                    Get drawn for the state parks. When they show you your “assigned blind” just find the closests picnic table and campsite. Put your pop up blind on the tent pad and throw out a loaf of bred by the feeder. Around sunrise break out the Coleman grill and start cooking breakfast and pretend like you’re yelling at kids. Guaranteed the deer won’t have a clue you’re hunting and should have lots come in that are scared away by the guys in blinds all around you
                    I like it. Kinda a reverse psychology thing.

This is the way

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                      Until your first ride back home with all your gear $100 worth of fuel and 2 wasted days of packing and travel. Standby always seems fun until you get rejected
                      I been doing this for 30 + years. Been rejected more times than a kid in high school. It goes with the teritory.

However I have been succesfull at standby multiple times at Chap & Walter Buck(now S.Llano river) as well as others.

Rejection just means a drive home early. I'm in no hurry. May just make a road trip somewhere.

Besides, A rejection is just another day I AIN'T WORKING

Comment

Originally posted by A&M 90 View Post
                        It appears to me that the number of people applying to almost all hunts was considerably higher than last year.

Based on YOY number most are within 50-100 applications from 2021 applications per location on deer hunts. Some went up(exotics chances) but most everything has stayed close to the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Before the secondary draw system began to fill spots not claimed on first draws, this would work much better. I retired just when they started the secondary computer draws so I have only tried once, and failed.

Comment

I been doing this for 30 + years. Been rejected more times than a kid in high school. It goes with the teritory.

However I have been succesfull at standby multiple times at Chap & Walter Buck(now S.Llano river) as well as others.

Rejection just means a drive home early. I'm in no hurry. May just make a road trip somewhere.

Besides, A rejection is just another day I AIN'T WORKING
                            I’ve gotten standby as well. Now most of the ones I want to do involve taking a teenager or id have to take off work last minute if i got picked so it’s not as worth it to me. Teenagers aren’t as understanding not getting drawn especially when they’ve never killed anything besides some ducks luckily this year. Have to get with his dad this year about putting in for some youth hunts

Comment

Originally posted by BarBBar View Post
                              Before the secondary draw system began to fill spots not claimed on first draws, this would work much better. I retired just when they started the secondary computer draws so I have only tried once, and failed.
                              This is when I’ve done the most standby. Basically guaranteed now they will tell you the day before don’t even bother showing up for standby some hunts. Other less desirable hunts might have 1-2 standby spots with 10 or so trying for them

Comment

(my mistake, was looking at the rifle hunt)
                                Last edited by JackRyan; 07-03-2022, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X